1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mayan Figure 54mm

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by blaster, Sep 24, 2019.

1. blaster A Fixture

United-States
  2. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Andrea-Miniatures!!!:cautious::blackeye:
  3. Oda A Fixture

Yes this is an Andrea release so why is this fact not mentioned in the description of the item Blaster has posted?Also,Andrea uses mainly metal for its castings not resin.All this makes it highly probable that the page belongs to a recaster.

Oda.
    Reptor likes this.
  4. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    And I thot this was an interesting release. Didn't realise that this was a recast...:(
    Oda likes this.
  5. Oda A Fixture

Of course you are not to blame mate.You couldn't have known.You can always find the original for a price much similar to the one in the page you posted and I can assure you that Andrea's quality will reward you for any difference.

Oda.
    DaddyO likes this.
  6. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Thx for understanding.

I am very much aware of the difference in quality between original and recasts especially on Aliexpress. But this was a website by itself.

Just that with such an array of output nowadays, I don't really keep up with the specific offerings from each company, especially Andrea whose output is huge.
    NeilW and Oda like this.
  7. Edward A Fixture

England
    This looks like a scam site to me..
  8. Oda A Fixture

Blaster noone can keep up with today's output,it's huge.That's why we help eachother in that department.

Oda.
    NeilW likes this.
  9. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting site. It's one of those weird organisations* with pseudo historical ancestry/religious claims, in this case that the Americas were originally populated by a black peoples ('Aboriginal Moors': correction 26/9), from whom all current US Blacks are descended, with the Amerindians' and later the Europeans being incomers.

Looks like both this Andrea fig and the Bustory Mayan Warrior are being flogged as re-casts
    https://aboriginalmoor.com/collecti...model-kit-mayan-warrior-unassambled-unpainted

There is also a wide range of merchandise and an interesting collection of old tracts (no doubt out of copyright) available for free download.
    https://aboriginalmoor.com/collections/books

* this sort of thing isn't confined to the USofA: my home town (Ashton-Under-Lyne) was in the 1820/30s the base of The Christian Israelite Church who under leader, John Wroe, claimed ancestry from the Tribes of Israel and wanted to create a 'New Jerusalem'. They got as far as building a temple and four gatehouses (one remains, until recently as a pub) before being driven out of town. Some may remember the TV series "Mr Wroe's Virgins". The church migrated to Australia where it still exists.
    https://www.valvestubesfittings.com/ashton-under-lyne-northern-jerusalem-john-wroe
    Oda likes this.