1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Mayan Bust, Linjo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Jul 17, 2011.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

Here are the final pics of my Mayan bust from the movie Apocalypto, superbly sculpted by Chun MeiZhou from Linjo Models.

Painted in oils over acrylics.

As always, I welcome any feedback.

Attached Files:

2. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Awesome work Tony, amazing detail mate, well done.

Andrew
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job Tony. These Linjo busts really are a pleasure to paint.

Ron
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Tony!

Jay H.
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tony really like what you have done with this bust mate, painting looks great and the photography is first rate.
    I have Apocalypto in front of me now and was thinking of watching it, after seeing your bust I will make the time to view it now.

Steve
  6. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Very nice Tony...it's been awhile since we met dude :/
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Andrew, Ron, Jay, Steve and Sam,

After an extended holiday from the hobby its good to be back. I appreciate your feedback gents.
  8. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Not having seen the movie (yet - must skip anything with chunky red sauce, apparently)

he looks like a dignified, commanding person of his time.

Skills with paint brushes, a break must have been needed!!

Cheers
  9. Mark S Guest

Well done Tony, The eyes are great !!
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jamie, thanks for your comments mate. Yes, a break was definitely needed, and you can see the results. Pleased to see my painting skills have survived more or less intact.

Cheers Mark, looks like the eyes have it, eh?
  11. khorgor Member

Australia
    brilliant tony.

hope you bring it to the next meeting
  12. Jazz A Fixture

England
    A very realistic paint job Tony. Excellent. It could almost be a real person.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Scotty, thanks mate. I'll certainly bring it along for our next meeting. Thanks also for resurrecting this thread. I assumed it was dead.

Hi John, that's a compliment I really appreciate. I always strive to achieve a realistic style, so its pleasing to have you say so.
  14. Don Well-Known Member

Tony Brilliant job mate, you have the skin tones just perfect and your armour and headdress are superb. Dont comment to often but this is well worth it. Super!

Don
  15. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Tony!

Wonderful paint especially in the fleshtones areas very realistic.(y)
  16. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice mate. Lovely clean lines, great tones and superb eyes.
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome Painting Tony. I may have to add him to my list.
  18. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hey Bud,
    nice detail, it ties in well,cracking job, top work mate......we all need to down tools now and again or it becomes tedium.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Don, thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate you sending your comment to me.

Hi Pedro, thanks mate. I'm pleased you think the skin tones are realistic. That's what I was aiming for.

Hi Grant, thanks for your comments. I was pleased with the way the eyes turned out too. I used Mark Bennetes' tutorial on how to paint eyes and it worked beautifully.

Hi Guy, I'm sure that's a very long list you have mate. These Linjo busts are superb and every bit as good as Young Miniatures in terms of quality sculpting and clean casting. As they increase the size of their range of busts, I'm sure your list wiull get even longer.

G'day me ol' China Plate, you hit the nail on the head. A bit of a break has renewed my enthusiasm for my hobby and hopefully that shows in this bust. Thanks for taking the time to comment and I'm pleased you like my latest. I'm hoping to get started on the new Young Miniatures Roman Cavalry bust soon.
  20. Ferris A Fixture

Lovely paintjob Tony. The skintone is particluarly well done.

Good to see you back at it!

Cheers,
    Adrian