1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"MAXIMUS, 180 aD." (Alexandros Models)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    SPQR/61 "MAXIMUS, 180 aD."
    200mm. Resin Bust
    Sculpture: Hyunji Kim
    Box Art: Alexandre Cortina

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Osvald, Anastasiya, Edorta and 15 others like this.
  2. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In Soviet Russia, Russel Crowe miniaturises you...in Catalonia they clearly shrunk Russel Crowe
  3. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice sculpt but exposure to Maximus has been maximized.

Bob
    waterloo1815 likes this.
  4. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    I'll pick all the fire regarding this miniature - but it's just my opinion, good guys.

While the face is unbelievably well achieved (and here, also stunningly well painted), I think the sculpting in the wolf's fur is too soft: This scale is absolutely unforgiving - either all textures are in the miniature or once with a paint coat it will look a bit toyish.

But yes - the face is amazing!!! (y)

Time to ask Kev to make a side by side review :)
  5. Wheels PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Maybe it's just me, but....
    Certainly the first photo looks 75% Russell Crowe / 25% Tom Hanks.
    Feel free to either agree or call me crazy.....
  6. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Wheels, you're not alone, in my opinion, they've not quite captured Russell Crowe, but its a good face all the same.

Malc
  7. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    I agree guys on the Russell Crowe's resemblance. It is quite close from the profile but not on the other angles unfortunately.
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  9. Anastasiya A Fixture

Ukraine
    IMHO - this is a great portrait of the young Russel Crowe, as he was in Gladiator movie :)
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I already have the Young Miniatures version of this bust. Had this one come out on its own, I might have bought it, however the Young bust is superior in my opinion. The box art painting on this bust in phenomenal.
  11. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Agreed Young version has better "anatomy" with the head look sideway... Master Young amazing bust posture is unbeatable... Bought Young version too! This figure is great too honestly....