1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Max Wünsche, LAH Kharkov

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by PANZERSCHRECK, Feb 17, 2010.

1. PANZERSCHRECK Member

Germany
    Good evening,

I need again your honest critique, please.

At my last figure, Kurt Meyer, there was too little shadows and highlights and no transition.

I tried a similar method of painting like the Kurt Meyer figure but it dont work.
    Now I tried a new method over the first experiment.

The head is not completed. It would me give great pleasure about some critique of highlights, shadows and transition and mistakes.

Thank you very much!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well,
    What i see from these pictures i believe you have done a good job.
    If you want to change something try to lighten up with some skincolor the darkpurple spot on the left cheek.
    The right one looks very good, try to do it with the left also.

Marc
  3. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi Max,

If my memory serves you only recently began painting figures right? I remember reading your last post and others' comments about shadows. I am only slightly more experienced than you are and just like you, I am going thru the agonising stage of establish my own approach and "rule of thumb" on how much shading is enough etc.

I think you have done well here, considering it is 1/35. However, for a better sense of depth, I would suggest pushing it further on the highlights (i.e. more light flesh around the edges, e.g. right above the pink cheeks). I am sure you have squeezed into that little piece of resin at least three variations of flesh tone but right now it looks like two and a half.

All the best and look forward to seeing more pics.

Michael
  4. PANZERSCHRECK Member

Germany
    Thank you for your critique!

Marc, you be right with the darkpurple spot on the left cheek. I will change it soon.

Michael, in the past, I only practiced the handling with the brush. The Kurt Meyer figure is my first one with shadows and highlights.
    My thinking is you have right with your statement with pushing more in highlights. I will converge step by step. Also thanks for your advice with the variations of flash tones- I have really to work at it!(y)
    I behold to all your figures and have to say they are excellent painted!
    They satisfy very much!

Greetings,

Joachim
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

very nice! I like the subtle transitions of lights and shadows:)
  6. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    It looks nice the way it is now.

I would experiment with green and purple to
    bring more life into the color palette.
  7. PANZERSCHRECK Member

Germany
    pmfs and T50, thank you for your statement.

I plan to experiment with different techniques also on the other Max- Wünsche head. Fortunately AM adds two different heads with one figure(y)