1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MAURICE CORRY LTD

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Ventress, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    I will think twice about starting a thread to sing Moz's praises. After all the figures are some of the best around. He has always done good things for me. There has been an occasional hiccup but nothing a bit of patience and good communication cant sort. Long live Moz!!!!!(y)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  2. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Has anyone received a parcel posted out by Mr Corry last week? I haven't and my emails aren't being answered.

Geoff
  3. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    No, nothing received. 3rd May ordered...

Ben
  4. damkid2 Member

United-States
    Placed an order for a Falklands Head Set 1:9th Scale HS200F on 5/1/2012, payed with Pay Pal. On 5/10/2012 I received an e-mail from Mr. Corey that he would be shipping my order that day. I'm still waiting as of 6/1/2012. A month? Really? Would not be so bad except that I need the parts for a commissioned figure for one of my best patrons. I don't think I will ever order from him again.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Shame that what started out as a positive thread has now become a Moz bashing exercise. I ordered a couple of weeks ago and haven't received my kits yet. This has happened in the past but the kits have always arrived and and queries dealt with so I am relaxed about the delay. I respect the fact that here is a guy who is providing superb sculpts at great prices and giving away free figures and is probably totally overwhelmed by his own success. As he has said himself if he spends time answering mails then that detracts from the core of the business, sculpting, casting and getting the orders out.
    This type of negative feedback only puts pressure on him and I'm sure is not helpful. Give him a break guys and continue to enjoy the fruits of his labours, it would be to the detriment of the hobby if he decided it just isn't worth the effort and disappeared off the scene a second time.
    This thread is one of the negative aspects of this instant communication/media driven age we live in where a few gripes become public property, I'm sure Moz has hundreds of satisfied customers, many of whom are Planeteers and even more who are not even aware of the existence of this forum.

Keith
    housecarl, Wings5797 and Edward like this.
  6. Edward A Fixture

England
    I'm waiting for an order to arrive too - completely agree with Keith though who I think has put it very well.
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I totally agree and think that this thread shoud now be put to rest. At least it would give Maurice a bit more time to concentrate on the business he has made so popular with us all.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  8. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Although this thread has at times seemed to give Maurice a battering I think the general outcome has been positive. It has certainly been more beneficial to existing and potential buyers that Pf members contributed with a mix of experiences rather than leaving the few glowing comments left at the start of the thread without adding some perspective. The feedback has been broad and Maurice himself has said it has been useful. It's given disgruntled buyers a chance to air their concerns and allowed Maurice to reply - me included.

I for one have now got a better idea of Maurice's operation and the difficulties he has to manage day to day. Its pretty clear now what to expect if you order from him - great figures, great prices, great quality but possibly longer times for delivery and response to email.

As a previous buyer this thread and Maurice's response (which I wouldn't have had otherwise) reassured me enough to place a new order. It hasn't arrived immediately but I am confident it will and that any problems will be dealt with properly. Hopefully others will have felt the same way too.

I say all this to underline the benefits for buyers and manufacturers alike of having the Pf forum and that discouraging threads on topics like this is probably not the way forward.

Cheers Mat
    housecarl likes this.
  9. polyphemus Well-Known Member

What is worrying in this is that definitive promises have been made; on 10/5/12 orders were to be despatched that day but weren't and on the 23/5/12 all outstanding orders HAD been despatched that day but I know of a few people who haven't received anything and of nobody who has. I am fully sympatheitic of someone who is enduring what I hope are short term difficulties and I agree that the hobby is greatly enriched by Maurice's work. Including Maurice's own businesses and others he sculpts for I have purchased 35 of his figures in the last 12 months. As much as anybody I wish Maurice every success, we are all richer for that. If there was anything I could do to assist I would.

Geoff
  10. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Further to my last message I'm delighted to report that my order has just arrived.
    Thanks Maurice.

Geoff
    Wings5797 and billyturnip like this.
  11. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Bring back the GPO!
    Glad that you got your order Geoff, Now get on with the painting and get the resulting figures posted on PF.
    All the best,
    Keith
  12. Funky50 Guest

Just wanted to say I've always found Moz to be a totally honest and helpful and likeable guy, if at times snowed under by the fantastic quality of his figures which for me are second to none and just keep getting better, in all my many many dealings with him he has never let me down and has always got back to me eventually, just takes a little time sometimes is all and I can forgive him that...I honestly don't want to imagine what the hobby would be like for me without him, most of what I buy and paint comes from him because it quite simply is the best in my view....all the best moz and keep on keeping on mate...Gibbo
  13. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    I also oredered 2 figures the 3rd of may and nothing yet arrive.
    During this time i received items ordered later from US and UK.
    I had to make a claim with paypal, it's the second time i had to do that.
    Perhaps to much orders, and shows so to busy.
  14. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    After my experience with the Indian curry last week, I'm going for a Chinese this week
  15. abbo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I don't wish to cause any disrespect to Maurice but why say everything is sent when it clearly isn't .he told me by email my order has been dispatched on the 18th of last month then contradicts himself on this forum.
    Emailed him twice since no reply and no order.
    Really don't want to start a dispute on Paypal but this is pushing things a bit as I ordered on the 30th of April.
  16. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    I've ordered from Maurice and had to wait, he told me why, and the package arrived today. I am happy with him and order again. Waiting times are not good, must wait for that, but I survived it. Cheers Hendryk
  17. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I ordered on 2nd May and my figures arrived today as I knew they would-keep up the good work Moz.

Keith
  18. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    My order received today too. Maurice, Thanks for the nice figures!
  19. nathan tan New Member

Malaysia
    good to hear as im still crossing my fingers waiting for my order. was about to lose my patience yesterday.
  20. abbo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Recieved today.Great figure and great free figure ,cheers Maurice.