1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Maurice Corry 75mm 11th Hussar - Balaklava

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I am waiting for my Tommy's War figure to dry so I started this freebie from Moz. Great portrait of Trooper Pennington from Lady Butler's "The Return" depicting the survivors of the Light Brigade returning from the 'Valley of Death." Great sculpt. I am doing him in oils.

Colin P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010006.JPG
    Steve, tiberius57, Tommi and 7 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent start Colin.
    It is a lovely little figure, the detail is unbelievable,
    Carl.(y)
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Very good!! Nice painting and figure!

Pedro
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Another excellent start... the face looks great and the dolman and braiding are spot on!
    You're on a real binge right now, aren't you?
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Excelent start Colin, the expression on his face is great,colors are really nice.
    I can see you've spent some time on the dolman too.
    Keep up the good work.
    :)
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Coming along really nicely
  8. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    welldone. I have the same figure in my desk!. I will follow your progress :wideyed:
  9. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    I totally agree!!! (y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work so far.
    Looking forward to your next pictures.

Marc
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks great keeping an eye on this
  12. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Some more progress. I still need to highlight his yellow trim, add sabretache and scabbard, paint hands and sword. Also he needs blood on shirt and crossbelt per the Lady Butler painting. I painted his hussar belt cords the wrong colour so that needs fixing. I don't think it comes with the chin scales so those will need to be constructed from duro.

Horrible photography as per usual. :cautious:

I figure I am about 70% done.

Colin

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    A few slightly better photos. These are bit more reflective of the actual paint colours. My camera over exposes when used outside.

Colin

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  14. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Looking brilliant Colin. He could be lifted straight out of the Lady Butler painting. Such a great job on the face. Also really impressed with all that ornamentation on his uniform. Wish like heck I'd gotten one of these while he was up for offer. Excited to see you finish him now.

Dave-
  15. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Coming along famously Colin...
    Great character in the face and the uniform looks great!
    Can't wait to see the finished product... Maybe it'll show up at the next painting group

The other, other Colin
  16. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Goood stuff here Colin, I too have this in the grey army. A beautiful piece you're doing there, the braiding is excellent.
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  18. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Great face, Colin and the braidwork is stunning!

Cheers,

Brian
  19. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks all - yes he is in oils and the blue is glossy at the moment. I thought of using Dorlands early on but will instead use dullcoat spray before I do the metals. Its a really nice model to paint although a find brush is required for the dolman braids. Dave, if you wnat one watch the market place on PF or put out a call there. A copy was put there a few days ago but it sold quickly as I recall.

Colin
  20. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Seemed to remember reading that a dab of black into the blue mix takes the edge of the sheen/gloss.