1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Maurice Corrie 200mm Para Afghanistan

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Managed to do a bit more on this guy.
    I wanted a quick fix to revive this figure but he's taking me forever.
    I'm doing this guy as a learning experience and it's just compounded my respect for the guys who sculpt figures..it is extremely taxing getting small things right..

I've had to change the position of the arm as the Susat sight would not fit in the original pose. I will need to try and sculpt and elbow join.

I whittled away the pouch at his gun arm elbow so the weapon would fit and replaced it with another with another pouch made from green stuff including a quick release buckle.
    The figure wasn't the best moulded and in a fit of divine inspiration I took off the front pouch fasteners and replaced them with foil. They look a wee bit thin but they're staying.
    I also cut of the radio wire as it wasn't the most realistic looking, I'll add some real wire for that.I made some piping for the left hand side of the body armour, replaced the radio fixing straps, completed the right hand pouch stiching and filled it. I have also tried to redo the stud fasteners which are out of scale but they're staying also. It was hard enough trying to get 6 that were the same size.

The buckles on the helmet are also done as well as adding some straps and stud fasteners. It took me ages to whitttle away the original head out of the helmet so I could replace it with the head he has now. But at least the heads primed as I want to paint something and get away from the sculpting before I go mad..

The Sa80's trigger guard has broken during me trying to get the hand in a near as realistic position but it's fixable.

I really can't wait to finish the add ons and sculpting to try and have a go at the multicam.

See what you think.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

• p1.jpg
      p1.jpg
      File size:
      83.5 KB
      Views:
    elgreco and mark761214 like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The hard works paid off Grant.
    Multi cam is calling,;)
    Carl.
  3. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    A challenge to say the least!
  4. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Looking good! Will you go for Desert DPM or the new MTP camo?
    I've stalled on my copy as I don't want to use the GPMG either but didn't plan ahead as you have.
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Grant,
    Your doing a good job setting in the weapon into the arm.All too often modellers tend to make both arm and weapon seem detached from each other .
    It look more settled the way you have it.
    Look forward to more progress.
    Cheers
    Andy