1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Matilda II WIP 2

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by RossM, Dec 3, 2009.

1. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Some more work on this…Started on the lower hull, which goes together very well. You can see the front hull plate here and the bottom of the hull. The kit is very well thought out. Once the front plate is attached to the lower hull the upper hull just slots in. [...][IMG]

More...
  2. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Ross,
    Nice work so far! I've got this kit in my stash to build as well, love the way Tamiya engineer their kits these days - currently awaiting the arrival of the new JSU-152 from HLJ.
    Things I particularly like about this kit are the rendering of the cast texture on the turret, & the choice of vinyl or link/length tracks. I believe there's already a resin conversion out there to turn it into a early version (Mk.I?) as used at Arras 1940 with the raised suspension & trench skid as seen on Hotchkiss H35s, but I forget who it's by - could be Tiger Model Designs?
    Which colour scheme were you thinking of finishing it in, Caunter or the UK one? Have to say my personal preference would be for Filibuster, the UK-based training vehicle - think the 2 shades of brown looks cool & there's quite a few photos of that particular tank available.
    Let's see more as you progress, thanks for posting.
    Cheers,
    Chris.(y)
  3. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Cheers Chris. I am doing a UK based one. However, the suggestion for 'Filibuster' is wrong. It was only painted in SCC2 overall though there are alternatives.

Ross
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    A nice bit of armour is always nice to see, as Chris said there's a lot of detail on the kit.
    Awaiting more,
    Carl.