1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Master Box Dutch Red Lancer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by chippy, Jan 26, 2016.

1. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Here's something I'm working on in between doing the Willy Jeep and the Bell Helicopter . It's the Master Box Dutch Red Lancer . A nice little plastic kit with a few defects . The first thing I wanted to sort out was the saddle cloth . A Google image search showed this should have a sheepskin saddle covering with yellow dogs teeth edging .it should n't have had the N and crown on the front so I scraped and sanded this off and then using a very thin plastic card I made four I inch lengths x 1/8th strips , drew a line through at 1/16th to give me a point for the 45 degree cut finish at the other 1/16th to glue to the cloth . I hope to make some kind of village pump and horse trough where the horse is drinking from rather than just using the bucket supplied in the kit . This will be a slow build as it's an inbetweener . There will be figures with the jeep and helicopter
    chippy

Attached Files:

stevee317, MCPWilk, yeo_64 and 3 others like this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gordon,

I got me one of these in the stash too.
    just a small correction for you if you don't mind me saying.
    if you look at the boxtop it shows the crescent neck ornament hangs on a seperate strap and hangs loose, whereas it seems you have fitted it to the under chin strap that holds the leading rein.

Here's a side view of the complete hungarian bridle, hope it's some help.

Screenshot_2016-01-27-03-34-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-27-03-27-07.png

Hope this helps, looking forwatd to seeing more the jeep looks really good too mate.

Paul.
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

Switzerland
    Looking good.

Cheers

Huw
  4. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gordon,
    I got me one of these in the stash too.
    just a small correction for you if you don't mind me saying.
    if you look at the boxtop it shows the crescent neck ornament hangs on a seperate strap and hangs loose, whereas it seems you have fitted it to the under chin strap that holds the leading rein.
    Paul.[/quote]
    I knew I couldn't get anything past you Eagle Eye Paul . This actually is not my mistake that's how it comes in the kit , take a look at the one in your stash and all will be revelled . Just one off those defects I'm going to get round to but this will be a delicate operation that needs to be done before cracking open the cider ;);) .

Thanks Huw

chippy
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ahaaaaaaah.
    good to know !

Cheers Gordon.

Paul.
  6. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    OK so after I spent the morning Fighting Germ Warfare , (that involved de scaling the shower head and cleaning out the waste traps in the bathroom and kitchen ) no kidding guys there's a Whole World of Bacteria out there just waiting to kill yaa , I was given permission to model, so I chose to make a Horse Trough and Ye Olde Wolde Village Pump to go on this small diorama .
    For the horse trough I used the square plastic stands from old Airfix figures . I cut five pieces to suit, the piece that should have been the base I have set half way up so that when I add the liquid water I want have to add so much . The plastic liner will make a water proof seal for the liquid water . I then wrap some card board around the outside to give me the thickness of a stone trough . After it had all dried I painted the whole thing with white PVA wood glue and rolled it around in some grey floor tiling grout powder .
    The pump is made from an old paint brush for the main body, plastic card glued and wrapped to give some different thickness on the top and bottom just to give some shape and finally I used the top and bottom of the bucket for the top and bottom of the pump and the slab that was in the kit for the bucket on the base of the pump . The spout is a piece of sprue from a corner section . The handle is two scrap pieces from the Airfix stands glued together then the shape was drawn on and shaped using the new diamond tipped bits I bought in Lidl's yesterday (this are really cheap and work (y) £2.99 for the set and fit Dremel ) the pump needs a bit of tiding up and sanding but it;s almost there I also ground out the top of the jug the female figure is holding just so it looks like it's hallow . The next thing to do is add the cobbles to the base and then on with the painting

Attached Files:

7. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Gtrat stuff Gordon proper model making !

It's a good job Stan Catchpole has retired,
    he would think you are after his job.
    well done mate.
    paul.
  8. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    To Be Honest Paul it was Ron's posting on snow and ice that gave me the idea how to finish the horse trough . Ps have you noticed there's some real modelling going on just lately (y)(y) .
    chippy
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I certainly have me old Superchippy
    ... I am auspicious of the Tambourini feller.

He only gone and did a snow scene at the same time the icing sugar was discounted for xmas.
    I think we should demand pictures of his xmas cake....bet it was all one and the same
  10. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    No Not that Ron . This Ron aka Kagemusha he Did a preview of a product on producing Realistic Ice and Snow . When I looked at some of the videos I thought ello chippy ma boy this has possibilities on several fine powder products Tile grout being the first , fine sand , and not forgetting the fluff from my belly button which I have been storing for years .
    chippy
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ahhhhh that's ok then.
    The belly button fluff you've been storing needs to be the smooth stuff though eh,
    not your usual full of 'hobnob crumbs. :D

I look forward to you getting some paint on this one Gordon.

Paul