1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Marwari Stallion - commission piece equine resin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kathrynloch, Jun 25, 2011.

1. kathrynloch Active Member

United-States
    Thank you very much Dave!

1/16th scale is a bit tougher as only one company I know of makes it consistently.

Do you want painted or something you can paint?

Stone Horses makes them, they are called Pebbles but most these models are pre-painted. Occasionally they release unpainted resins or plastics. Either way, Stone comes with a hefty price tag.

If you are looking for some to paint, my recommendation would be to buy "bodies". In model horse collecting, anything that is scuffed, broken, or otherwise damaged is considered body quality and more suitable for repainting than for collecting, therefore the price is a LOT cheaper. If you want, I can look for some Stone Pebbles bodies and see if I can find any for you.

If you are looking for something to paint and need more than one and they have to be the same horse, that's going to be even harder. Typically we'll have to go through individuals selling their old horses and they will have a box of body quality horses that is full of stuff and all of it is different.

Let me know more specifically what you are looking for and I'm sure we can find something. Feel free to drop me a PM if you prefer.

Cheers,
    Karrie
    Dr Force likes this.
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Karrie,
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is very interesting and you are doing a fine job.
    Cheers
    John
  3. kathrynloch Active Member

United-States
    Thank you John! I appreciate it!

I enjoy doing this stuff and you know the saying, 'find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.' lol!

I love painting and I love horses so I have a lot of fun with it. What's even better is when I can help folks out here and there.

Cheers,
    Karrie
  4. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    karrie, excellent work! bill
  5. kathrynloch Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Bill!