1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Marijn's WWI vignette

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by quang, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Marijn Van Gils New Member

another

Attached Files:

2. Marijn Van Gils New Member

yet another

Attached Files:

3. Marijn Van Gils New Member

not getting tired yet? :lol:

Attached Files:

4. Marijn Van Gils New Member

no, I won't give up!

Attached Files:

5. Marijn Van Gils New Member

we're almost there...

Attached Files:

6. Marijn Van Gils New Member

really, almost!

Attached Files:

7. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Excellent composition and also very dramatic.
    Well done!

Rafa
  8. Marijn Van Gils New Member

and the last...

Attached Files:

9. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... Well, now you do have my respect. Honestly, I have rarely seen a model which conveys the absolute horror of war so well... it's really terrifying, and I mean that as a compliment here.

Regards,

Johan
  10. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Excellent Marijn! The 'story' is superb.

John
  11. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I was acually wondering if I was right as Quang already had answered without mentioning the knee. And he is much better than me noticing such things.
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Marijn, Fantastic. I really like the sculpting and interaction between the two figures.~Gary
  13. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marijn

You are a true modeller in the real sence of the word, sculpting, figures, armour, ground work, not an allrounder, but brilliant in every aspect.

Dave
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Marijn,

This is wonderfull. I cannot sculpt and i am a novice in painting. But this is just an amazing piece of work in my opinon.

Do you show it on the weekend of 5 & 6 march on the AMSS contest/show.

Marc
  15. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Thanks for all the nice words guys!

Janne: Quang has given me a lot more tips than that, so anybody: feel free to comment on the poses or anatomy. I know I still have lots to learn in that respect.
    On your previous reply: The title "survival of the fittest" is a famous quote of Charles Darwin from his book "The Origin of Species", and is the process that causes natural selection of the genes, and thus change over time in a species and thus evolution. I found these theories to contrast very well against the horor of war, but at the same time discribing the reason why they are fighting: survival, so I think I will keep it. Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

Thanks Dave! That is one of the nicest compliments you could give me! I don't like to be stuck with the same things all the time, and I find it very important to look around: further than our preferred subject or even further than just our hobby. All I want to do is tell little stories with my models, and weather this is with armour, figures, ... is not very important. The basic concepts and a lot of techniques are the same for everything!

Marc: yes, I hope to have it finished by then. I should get the figures painted within one week and a half, but I still have a lot of barbed wire to make for the groundwork... :)

Hello Ivan, it was a pleasure meeting you too! njoy that dio, and hope you make it to Euro again!

Marijn
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Marijn,

I hope to see you then because you have a lot to explain. :lol: :lol:

Marc
  17. Marijn Van Gils New Member

I didn't do it! I'm innocent!

:lol:
  18. bosko b Member

Hi Marijn,

Fantastic work!
    and a great discussion!
    I can only echo everything that has been said about the choice of subject the great interaction between the figures.
    I especially like the realistic look of the face wearing the gasmask, one of the best I have seen. Did you paint the eyes before you sculpted the gas mask and if so when did you put in the glass. Is the gas mask sculpted over the glass or did you cut little circles and inserted them later? I hope you understand what I mean.

Are you planing to bring this to AMT show?

Regards, Luka
  19. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Marijn, in one word........OUTSTANDING :eek:

Great body language and interaction between both figures.........and I concur with Roy's statement here as to whom victory belongs after this meele is over :angry:

Best Regards

Ray ;)
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent! I really like the originality in poses and action! What a great idea for a story - two Poilus, who maybe thirty minutes ago would have shared the last drop of vin ordinaire, last bit of bread and cheese - and now - with Green cross and Blue cross German shells landing all around them - they'll fight to the death for the last working gas mask.

All the best,
    Dan