1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Marie Tepe

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Nov 10, 2015.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Vivandiere of Collis' Zouaves by Rich Odell. http://www.richardodell.com/

I started painting the face last time I was at home and the rest has just been underpainted.

IMG_2709.JPG
    crf, arj, Silversurfer and 7 others like this.
  2. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mate that's an interesting flat that would make an interesting round figure I'm watching with interest. Just as an add on to this I just bought a book that might interest you it's the Somme 1870-71 the Winter Campaign in Picardy by Quintin Barry Just finished it very interesting and something that shows the Somme has been well fought over. it's from Amazon and is a limited edition of 500 signed

Cheers

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The face is looking very good Roger, look forward to this one.
    Regards
  4. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Roger - good to see the depth appearing with the Grisaille under-painting (y)

-Rich
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Ian.
    I haven't forgotten your Trumpeter I'm still working away at that one. :happy: Funnily enough I've had that book on my Amazon wishlist for awhile now, I really enjoyed his Road to Koniggratz book.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Bob.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Rich, I made a start on the red lace lastnight and I should have a further update this evening. :happy:
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  8. SERHAN OFLAS Active Member

Turkey
    Hello Roger.

Its good start (y) Will follow.
    Serhan-
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Serhan, I'm pleased you're following. :happy:
  10. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger you keep turning up these beauty's.
    Do you have a band of elves helping? When you lend them to Santa in a few weeks you'll slow down a bit I bet. ;)

Loving it
    Paul
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Paul, yesterday was the first time I picked a figure up in a month, admittedly I've been at work in the North Sea which isn't very conducive to figure painting. Don't tell anyone but I did manage a 1/35 Trumpeter BTR-60 APC while I was away. :happy:
    Me and the elves have some catching up to do before we all go to work for Christmas. :meh:
  12. franceso sbarile A Fixture

Good start Roger and enjoiable unusual flat figure. I'll follow too.
    Cheers
    Francesco
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Francesco, glad to have you following along. :happy:
  14. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your welcome mate, I thought the lace work on the trumpeter had got the better of you lol:cry:. good to know your still working on him. Hope to see you at the White Rose xmas bash not long now. we have quite a few flats in the comp and always a chance to buy more while you are their (Always have sets for sale). Keep up the good work mate

Cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England

I found the lacework surprisingly easy Ian.... more luck than judgement I think. I'll have some new photo's shortly.
  16. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    This looks like it is a very interesting figure. So hurry up with the new photos. Can´t wait to see more. Some beer for the elves please ;)
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Beer, that's a good idea time for a break. :hungry:
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Something different then Napoleontic's.
    Great start.

marc
  19. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lovely piece of work,look forward to seeing it progress roger :)
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Marc, Brian, thank you both very much.
    Today I applied the first thin coats of oils and then removed with a soft dry brush, I think I learnt this trick off you Brian. :happy:

IMG_2717.JPG
    crf, BillW and SERHAN OFLAS like this.