1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Margaret Thatcher.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by housecarl, Apr 8, 2013.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some of us are holding back! Lol!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Someone told me you're having they day off to go to the funeral.
    Carl.;)
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Yet for all the "horrors" she's supposed to have caused with her policies not one has ever been reversed or cancelled even by those who use her to blame for everything..... odd thing huh ;)

Steve
  4. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Every government hopes they lose an election from time to time. That way the other side have to do the really nasty difficult things once elected, get blamed, lose the next election and the first lot are back in but of course they never reverse those nasty difficult things.
    Cynic, you bet.

Geoff
    DEL and housecarl like this.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Like I just said in that PM, blue suits you.
    Carl.;)
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    :ROFLMAO: Better than pink for sure
  7. Waterman Active Member

I've withdrawn from the voting charade, purely as a protest, because there is just no alternative choice. When someone comes up with radical changes and are prepared to see them through then I will vote for them. Labour never reversed Thatchers policies because they wanted to keep the dissallusioned Tories who had voted for them on board, at the next election. What a way to present a party to the electorate. Now if a Monkey put himself forward, Hartlepool take note, then yes he could get my protest vote.
    Don likes this.
  8. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." I think that this quote pretty much envelopes the personality of the "iron lady".While it is interesting and somewhat amusing to learn about mostly British views on their former Prime Minister I wonder if it is wise to discuss this on a forum with a focus on modelling. Therefore I will stay away from adding the viewpoint of a foreigner. She is now a person that has written history and possibly there is a day when her bust will be released as a companion to Mr. Churchill.
    Cheers, Martin
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    monkey frowning.jpg
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well he started as this and ended up mayor. I don't know who the hanger on is with H'angus by the way
    H'angus.jpg
  11. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great lady who did what she said she would and wasnt bothered about being popular just for the sake of it. There again she won 3 elections so must have done something right.

I can understand people not liking her but she deserves respect in death just as we all should.

Stuart
    Martin64, polyphemus and Don like this.
  12. Waterman Active Member

So on that basis I suppose we have to respect all people in death. No snidey remarks about Trotsky, Lenin, Hitler, Napoleon,Fred West, Jimmy Saville, Henry the VIII, etc etc, because they are now dead, and no matter what they done or how they affected people's lives, only accolades can be presented because they are now dead. Interesting view that, but not one I would go along with.
    crf, DEL and housecarl like this.
  13. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Up here in Scotland she was as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
    RIP Maggie
  14. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    She gave Scotland the Poll Tax a year before the English, Made all the traders in the South richer and stole everything from the working class, She Privatised the whole of the UK industry, killed the NHS with private funded initiatives, doubled the rate of inflation, rose VAT from 8% to 15%, increased unemployment to 1.4 million to to 3.5 million and also killed the industry in the North, whilst the South financially boomed.

She made Britain better....for a select few........none of them Scots!

Above all, not only was she bad for the country during her premiership, she continues to be bad for the country today. The causes of the present slump - unrestricted credit, deregulation and too much financial speculation - all date back to the 1980s. No successive government dared reverse these decisions: a blessing to her legacy, but a curse we must now all share.

I for one will not shed any tears of regret at her passing.
    crf, DEL, Waterman and 3 others like this.
  15. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Apparently we lived in some kind of Eden in the 70's. There were no strikes, everyone did a fair day's work for a fair day's pay, there was plenty of coal and we didn't have power cuts nor three day weeks, the miners didn't bring down Heath's government nor the winter of discontent Callaghan's.........
  16. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Maggie was a twat but she had the guts to stand up for what she beleived in.
    Give Argentina back to the Falklands. It's wasted on those inept wastrels. Just in my humble opinion.
    PS-Argentina-please send more hot chicks to the UK! (Private plea there-not sharing)
    MCPWilk likes this.
  17. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The Iron Lady - Rust in Peace...
    housecarl, frank h and MCPWilk like this.
  18. Richard61 Active Member

England
    I remember what the country was like before 1979 and it wasn't good!
    Maggie had more balls than the rest of the so called "Men" in government at the time and ever since. She was the right leader for the time but outstayed her welcome and somewhat lost the plot in the end.
    Yes, she had to go but even then no-one had enough spine to stand and face her, the cowards had to knife her in the back. Since she left office we havn't had a Prime Minister of any party worthy of the position.
    Just my personal view. (and not from the South of England either) :whistle:

Richard.
    Babelfish and MCPWilk like this.
  19. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    15World Cup.JPG

Hey Pete

Is this what you want;) I was in the Argentinian section of BMO Field in Toronto for the under-19 World Cup in 2007.
  20. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    she was like a rotweiler with pmt, but i am sure she wasnt all bad./badger