1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Marechal Bessieres Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Here is the latest after two failed attempts at General Brock. Still in progress....eye shape and lower face still being refined. The ears will be covered by the dogs' ears hair style but I sculpted them for practice and form anyway. Sculpey firm and about 1/6 scale - smaller than my previous few Napoleonic personalities. I will add the history background later.

Colin

P1010053sml.jpg

P1010054.JPG P1010055.JPG

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Watching with much interest....

Get that putty flowing Colin

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    crf likes this.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Good start... everything in the right place I think.

Is that a hint of a smile?:joyful: A first, your busts are usually quite stern looking.

Don't mess this one up;)

Colin
    crf likes this.
  4. rado2828 Member

looking good so far and a good likenes too.
    will be folowing with intrest.

regards;Rado
    crf likes this.
  5. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Another beauty mate. Did you try the hald balls for eyes or go back to whole sculpy balls? Just intrested as Im still trying to find my way with sculpting.
    crf likes this.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Back to using full orbs but bigger than before per Mike's advice. Works better for me. Thanks Chris.

Colin
  7. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    This is coming along nicely Colin, the eyes are definitely a better size and i think you are right to do the ears even though they will be covered. heads look weird without them. If you don't mind a minor criticism, from the pictures it just looks as if the eyebrows could do with being a bit higher, but overall it's great.
    Best wishes, Gary.
    crf likes this.
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks for your observation Gary. I initially had them higher and he looked like he'd just had a major fright. I will see what I can do. They might need to be a bit thicker but I didn't want a portrait of Brezhnev.

Colin
  9. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    More progess. The Dracula haircut is exaggerated and the central point of hair needs to be reduced. Nose is still rough. Nothing on his eyebrows yet.

P1010059.JPG P1010060.JPG P1010061.JPG P1010062.JPG
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Widened the jaw and adjusted his hairline and nose a bit.

P1010074.jpg

P1010075.JPG P1010076.JPG P1010072.JPG
    ChaosCossack and tiberius57 like this.