1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Marcus Aurelius Bust

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Primvspilvs, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Primvspilvs Member

I've just received the latest bust from Yuriy Dymytrashko depicting the young Marcus Aurelius, later to become Roman Emperor. As with all the previous bust, from Yuriy, the castings are in a light grey resin and are crisp and well defined. As with all the busts I've received,depicting Roman Emperors the features are well defined and a very accurate portrayal of bust being used as the source.

M Aurelius.JPG
  2. Yuriy Active Member

Hi John, thank you for your feedback, it is very important for me!
    Few words about our hero

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (/ɔːˈriːliəs/aw-REE-lee-əs;[2] 26 April 121 – 17 March 180) was a Roman emperor from 161 to 180 and a Stoic philosopher. He was the last of the rulers known as the Five Good Emperors (a term coined some 13 centuries later by Niccolò Machiavelli), and the last emperor of the Pax Romana (27 BC to 180 AD), an age of relative peace and stability for the Roman Empire. He served as Roman consul in 140, 145, and 161.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Aurelius

Antoninus_Pius,_with_Marcus_Aurelius_Caesar,_denarius,_AD_139,_RIC_III_412a.jpg CapitoliniMAurelioGiovane3.jpg

I must add that we know well this emperor by movie "Gladiator", Marcus Aurelius (Richard Harris) is father of Commodus.

commodus-marcus-aurelius-gladiator-1.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi John

Thanks for the review on this , a classic looking sculpt , looks like nice work on the folds and well detialed textures on the hair with sharp facial features

Like the addition of the nameplate

Hope we see this painted from you

Happy benchtime

Nap