Marcomannic Warrior - 75mm Seil Miniature

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Right after I did the review I began doing the clean-up and preparation for painting the new figure by Yury Serevryakov. Working on the last several weekends I have managed to get this far and hope to finish him up in a couple of more weeks.

Mac 05.JPG Mac 06.JPG

Mac 07.JPG Mac 08.JPG

Mac 09.JPG

There is still alot of work to do on the upper body and I am not satisfied with the waist belt ornaments......sloppy. I also need to finish the wrist bracelets as well as the eyes. The shield and sword / scabbard were primed today and I will work on them next weekend.

Mac 01.JPG Mac 02.JPG

Mac 03.JPG Mac 04.JPG

The leg wraps get another dry-brushing of white.

I have not decided yet whether to mount him as a single figure or do a vignette with Pegaso's 75mm Marcomannic warrior also sculpted by Yury Serevryakov. I guess I'll make that decision after the figure is complete. I had thought about doing them together on a base similar to the one I mounted the Medicene Dog Indian on.

All comments welcomed.

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like the start on this figure Guy,
    Great work.

marc
  3. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guy
    Great start mate I love the fur painting, not an easy task! I personally think think that he would look good with the other figure
    Looks like a nice figure to do and you have made a good job of the face and beard
    Look forward to see him finished
    Cheers
    John
  4. Mark S Guest

Nice work so far,Guy.
    It's a great figure and I'd love to see it combined with the Pegaso Marcomannic figure.
    Both figures have a similar repose and would work well together IMO,especially on the base you have in mind.
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Vignette!
    Vignette!
    Vignette!

Nuf said.

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words guys. With all the detail sculpted into this figure it has been fun to bring it out. I also lean toward doing the vignette.
  7. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great paintwork already Guy!! The fur and leather parts look excellent.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Guy,
    Looks really nice so far.
    Cheers
    John
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marcel and John.