1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Marca Hispanica 850

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ori, Jun 11, 2004.

1. ori Active Member

Hi!
    I show you my last work. It's a warrior of the Marca Hispanica, maybe one of the lords of the forntier with Al-Andalus.
    I want to represent Sunifred I, the father of "Guifré el Pilos", the first count of the old Catalonia, but it could represent anyone of the warlords of those years.
    He wears a combination of visigothic and carolingian elements.

I have used Andrea sculp and Duro, mixing them in some places or using them alone in other places. You can see the diference of the colours of the model. The head is the only comercial element, from Shenandoha. And the shield is a work by my father, an expert mechanical worker.

I hope you like it ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic Ori...........you are well on your way to having a beautiful figure. Is he going to be available commercially? and what scale is he?
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ori, Very nice, I like the cloak.~Gary
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Terrific job Ori. I love the attitude of the figure.
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I don't like it I LOVE it. All you sculptor guys don't know how lucky you are: you want a certain figure and you sculpt it. I'm restricted to what companies offer as I don't know how to sculpt at all.

Keep up the great work,

Gino
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful work Ori! I'm with John, love the attitude he shows! (y)
  7. ori Active Member

Thanks to all! :)
    The actitude is the basic step that I consider that mast be studied when you begin a work. I allways loose many time considerating various options, talking with my whife and my friends and studiyng many options.
    In that case I want to represent a man of 50-60 years old, tired of the life n the frontier and thinking about his future. He loves that territory and wants that his son becames count, a big count, who would expand the frontier to the soud. It's the begginng of an important kingdom, the future Catalonia.

At this moment, this is only an scratch, but I want to show it to diferent companys and talk about the possiblity to comercialize it. I't a 54 mm fgure, but to comercialize it, I would chance te head and sculp oe my myself :(
    If it's not posible maybe I will paint it in the next weks. I will show you it!
  8. Per cert !
    Quines han estat les teves fonts documentals ?
    Salut !
    Sergi
  9. ori Active Member

Gracies Sergi!

Algún dia m'agradaria poder comercialitzar una figura meva. Fins ara he estat evolucionant en el mon del modelat i crec que ara, les coses que faig, ja tenen prou qualitat. No se si aquesta figura en concret la podré vendre o no, però si no es el cas, en el concurs de Girona segur que la veuras pintada.

Com a fonts documentals m'he basat en un parell d'Ospreys: "the age of Charlemagne" (nº 150), "Arthur and the anglo-saxon wars" (nº 154) i en uns altres llibres que potser coneixes i si no t'els recomano de totes totes: "Historia militar de Catalunya" de F.Xavier Hernàndez. Es tracta d'una colecció de 4-5 llibres dels que de moment ja han sortit els tres primers. En el primer s'analitza una mica la indumentaria dels visigots i dels primers guerrers medievals catalans.

Salut!
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Ori!

Beautiful figure! Great job all around. What did you use for the chain mail and how did you make it?
  11. ori Active Member

For the chain mail I used a C tool.
    His use is very easy, you just need to marc continous C in one direccion. At the bottom and upside de line, you just marc anothes C lines but in the opposite direction.
    Look this close-up:

[IMG]

You just need to be very patient ;)
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    It looks great! Thanks Ori!
  13. Hola de nou Ori,
    gràcies per la reposta. Sí, conec els llibres d'en F. Xavier Hernàndez. En tinc dos i estan molt ben documentats i amb bons dibuixos. Un motiu de comprar-los va ser el de poder fer figures d'ells.
    Així doncs, espero veure-la a Girona !!!!

(deu n'hi do els de la colla Lo Somatent com pinteu, alguns ja modeleu i n'esteu d'assabentats del tema. Enhorabona també a tots)

Sergi
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Ori...........anxious to see the next step