1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Maori Warrior, 1840

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Aug 5, 2009.

1. el cid New Member

Canada
    Beautiful work Tony! You have really captured the feel/period of this piece.
    The fern is a nice touch, the skin tones and tattoo are very well done . That tattoo
    must have been a challenge to paint ! Well done mate!
  2. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    OH, yes, definitely my cup of tea. Spectacular! This is the kind of subject I would spend hours looking at during a show.
    Really exquisite tatu painting... and I was about to start a sculpt myself soon. I think I'll put that on permanent hold after this beauty.
    Wonderful piece.
  3. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Unique

Hi Tony,

This is a unique figure, really nice painting especially the "tatoo"....
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ben, thank mate. I put the punga in just for you.

Thanks Steve, I'm glad you like him and I really appreciate your comments. It certainly was a challenge.

Hi Phil, thanks for your generous compliments mate, but please don't stop sculpting on my account. I just painted it. The real talent behind this figure is the sculptor, Callum Talbot.

Hi Allan, thank you for your comments. It's wonderful to receive so much positive feedback.