1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Manfred Von Richthofen (seated On Fuselage) 1/32 - Model Cellar

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ModelCellar, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I intend to use him for another of the WNW kits, the late E111 Eindecker Kit, as he crashed his on only the third take off.......
  2. paulr3260 Active Member

If the heads are swapable he could represent any pilot. I didn`t think about that, good idea.....
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Yep you can swap the heads, they have some great figures that you chop and change the heads with, I think Mike deliberately did this from the beginning....

Dave
  4. paulr3260 Active Member

Thanks for the info, that makes such a difference...................
  5. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    It does pay to read earlier postings in the thread. Here is a cut and paste from posting #18 (page 1):

"By the way, one of the reasons i have always made the heads separate on the Model Cellar figures is so that the heads can be interchanged between different figures in the line. If you replace the head with another one from the line, this figure could just as easily depict a "generic" pilot. Dave Maddox's figure above would be an ideal donor - and you could then use the Richthofen head for a standing Manny with overall - or you could use the head on another figure (such as the Richthofen one I linked above)...... "

Knowing that these figures were aways aimed at model builders, I have always thought that the flexibility of separate heads would allow most all of the figures to be adapted for different situations. As a "creative" modeler, I have always looked at kits for their potential to become something other than offered. I suggest that all modelers should look at the figures i did in the Model Cellar line this way.

But you actually have to bother to think outside the kit box! :eek: :rolleyes::wideyed::woot::)

Just sayin'......

Cheers!!

Mike
  6. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mike, I had read it, just gently clarifying. I have to say that your engineering of a figure is terrific and very much appreciated.

ok, enough sucking up, thanks again

Dave
  7. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Sorry Dave! This was not aimed at you. I was only using your quote to get the point across. You have already demonstrated your "swapping" abilities.....

Cheers!!

Mike