1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Manfred Von Brauchitsch

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by pokrad, Mar 29, 2012.

1. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    This is my first try to do a portrait using Sculptris, acording to this tree reference pics:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I have only this poor half-profile pic. If anyone knows for a better one in the profile, please let me know ;)

In progress:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Overlap of the sculpt and the image:
    [IMG]

And the current ones:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I'll try to tone down that big "teeth-showing" smile, but would like to hear some opinions firts ;)
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Smile toned down, still wide smile but no teeth any more:

[IMG]
  3. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Great start Dako. Whats your secrete for getting the eyes so smooth and eye shaped. It takes me hours and they still look rough.
  4. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Simple, I put two balls for eyes, deslect whole mesh with CTRL+D, and then form shapes around that bals using grab tool. Balls stay deselected whole time so they are not affected by the tools.

As you can see from the photo, eyeballs are deselected(darker color), grab, smoth and draw affects only selected areas:

[IMG]

and here are the eyeballs pulled out from the head (so you can see the aprox. size, and note that they stay unchanged:

[IMG]

This is method similar to what I did with SuperSculpey, except there I was using steel bals for the eyeballs ;)
    Meehan34 likes this.
  5. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I do the same with tiny ball bearings, but I leave them in. Do you leave the balls in sculptris also?
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Yes, the ball stays in the eyesocket.
  7. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thx, I found that one, but it was so small that it was not usable-this one is much better.
    No much detail, but pointy nose and big smile are very well visible ;)
  9. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Right side of the goggles:

[IMG]
  10. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Darko,,, you did that(google piece) in Sculptris!
  11. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    No, this is Blender. I'll export it to the WaveFront obj and merge with the head later...
  12. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Goggles redesigned (this is just metal parts - I have to add ruuber parts):

[IMG]
  13. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Have some trouble with rubber parts, have no idea how they should look like from sides, this is where I'm stuck...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. kellerkind Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Darko,
    thanks for showing the steps. Verry interesting :)
  15. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    [USER=3802]kellerkind[/USER], noproblem, it helps me too to take pics of the progress ;)

Shortened the vertical size of the goggles, it looks better to me, but sides still somehow not right:

[IMG]

Any ideas ?
  16. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I had a pair of googles once similar to those. The sides where more large and wrinkled. They were made of leather and the straps were attached to them and when I had them on they stretched out the wrinkles a little, but they still buldge more on the sides.
    There is a good example of them in the movie RoadWarrior. There is a gyro copter pilot who wears the same kind I had. You can see how the material bulges up around the lens a little.
  17. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I get it ;)
    The real problem is that I must somehow adjust that material to wrap around the eyeballs and the bridge of the nose - there is a lot of curvature going on in that area, so whatewer I do it does not look right - need more practice ;)
  18. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I think this is close (not great but close enough):

[IMG]

This was "critical" angle that looked horrible on the older ones:

[IMG]
  19. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Yes,,, indeed it is, and what a coincidence. Tonight I was at my brothers house, they were watching T.v. and this strange commercial came on and in it, a person was wearing those exact googles. The were more ridgid than the ones I used to have and I realized that I had been wrong on my first take of your googles. I will say that being ridgid like that I noticed that they sort of creased the wearers skin around the them, especially the straps.
  20. nuvolari Member

Hi Darko,
    The goggles should be horizontal wider and vertically thinner. Think of an egg laying on it's side whit the pointed side pointing to the outside.
    [IMG]
    The inner space between the goggles in this picture is just perfect.
    view from the side.
    [IMG]
    As you can see, the top of the goggles are more flat the rounding at the horizontal sides ere more sharper while the underside is less sharper. Also the leather soft part between the metal frame and the skin should be a little thinner.
    The glasses in the goggles where also slightly rounded and followed the rounding of the face. You could see it, if you look closely at the glasses on this photo. A little like the eyes of a fly.
    [IMG]
    But it's starting to look very good(y)

Cheers,
    Danny