1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Malifaux

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by RFL, Jan 23, 2013.

1. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Anyone seen these ? S wyr8003.jpg Wyrd minatures. Scale is a bit small for me at 28mm. Plastic, but look interesting and good prices.
    Cannot find any good closeup photos or reviews.
  2. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Yes, I recently bought a couple of them. I've talked with some other people on forums who have also been curious what they look like. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them to this thread (sorry, no time tonight). The Willie figure is already assembled and primed. The riflemen are currently being assembled, so I should be able to get some good photos of how they look straight out of the box before paint or primer. In the meantime below are some photos of the two kits I grabbed off the internet.

Overall I've been pretty happy with how they look. The detail is not quite as crisp as you see with resin, but for plastic I think they've done a very nice job.

Also, anyone interesting in buying and painting some Malifaux figures should take a look at this contest from Wamp: http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=14915&page=4&p=199307&viewfull=1#post199307
    Prizes for the top 5 places are all provided by Wyrd (the company that makes Malifaux). All that's required is a picture of a completed figure or diorama of a miniature made by Wyrd (so anything Malifaux is eligible) as long as it has not already been in another online competition. The deadline is March 24th (or 31st if you're a supporter of Wamp).

[IMG] [IMG]
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Riflemen look very interesting indeed

Steve
  5. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Alright, took a bunch of pictures of the malifaux figures. The riflemen are currently being assembled, but that should give you a pretty good idea to how they look out of the box. Willie already had some primer on but I think you can get a decent idea of the detail on him. At this point I'm pretty happy but the real test will be when I put some paint on them. Hopefully I'll be able to paint one this weekend and then I'll post some more pictures.

r01.jpg

r02.jpg r03.jpg

r04.jpg r05.jpg

w01.jpg
    yeo_64 likes this.
  6. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium