1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Major Roger Ranger

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Hugo Pereira, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Good Morning...

Render 1.jpg

render 3.jpg

Its with a great pround that RPmodels present Maj. Roger Ranger.

This is was great challenge and sometimes we think this is impossible to do it... When I puted the first WIPS people love the figure, dynamic, moviment and the first details... RPmodels receive many messages, critics, comments, photos and many people sad to me... You hav eto put moviment in the figure, because he is jumpling... Soon I understand that... But how can we put the moviment? We have to put some items in the air, and test in a software for see if it is possible and if everthing is alright... many difficults appear imediatly, and in such time my people told me... Hugo is possible to put the model with the moviment, but its impossible to pass the model to a figure... I feelt very disapointed... and my first thought is... What I will tell people that have to work and worries to send us photos, ideas, comments... HELP us... What I will tell him? But we start again, and again, and again... And you can see the result... Everthing is there... The powder worn, rucksack, knife, plate, everthing... and this is THANKS TO YOU... ALL OF YOU...

Roger-Ranger-Box-Art-(1.jpg

Roger-Ranger-Box-Art-(75mm).jpg

I will share some photos from the bust for you can see the detail...
    roger-1.jpg

roger-4.jpg

roger-8.jpg

roger-9.jpg

roger-10.jpg

roger-11.jpg

roger-12.jpg

roger-13.jpg

roger-14.jpg

And know the 75mm figure

roger-75-mm-1.jpg

roger-75-mm-2.jpg

roger-75-mm-3.jpg

roger-75-mm-4.jpg

roger-75-mm-5.jpg

roger-75-mm-6.jpg

roger-75-mm-8.jpg

roger-75-mm-9.jpg

Roger Ranger is a figure with many textures and details... When I put the first WIPs there are some people that have doubt if I will get the extreme detail from render in the physycal piece. I was a little afraid too, but my people always told me... Hugo its possible... We can do it... And know, I want to EXPRESS my GRATITUTE to all my TEAM, because they never doubt of the final result.

I want to express my Special Thanks to Mr. Tim, from Jaeger´s Battalion, Roger Ranger´s for all help, photos, information and support. I want to express my GRATITUTE to you, for all help that you give us... THANK YOU... Without you, this task it will be impossible...
    Martin64, storm_zh, marco55 and 13 others like this.
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This looks like breaking new ground, without a doubt.

I have been of the opinion that there really is massive lack of dynamic figures around - any any scale and this definitely ticks that box.

It looks like a 3D print, which I'm not a massive fan of - but I do recognise it may be the way forward.

I must say, I really do like this one. Well done to all involved.
  3. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    I'm also not a fan of 3D figures,but thisone is a very high standart
    I think it's not possible to sculp such fine Details,i like it too
    napoleonpeart and Hugo Pereira like this.
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Ye gods and little green apples!:wideyed: Is that texturing really going to be on the production 75's? If so, it will give painters a marvellous boost to techniques. If this is the way forward, setting a new standard of detail, bring it on.(y) Dynamic in every sense.

Alan
    Huw63, napoleonpeart and Hugo Pereira like this.
  5. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Blind New...

Thank youf or your comment. Now I can tell you this is a good figure, in my opinon of course... But it was a very difficult task to put moviment and dynamic. I agree with you, when you told its difficult to have figures with moviment... And I understand why, believe me... When I told you, that I was almost to give up of the modelling, Im telling the true... But Ive a big problem... In my profissinal life, Ive to do the best that I can until the end... Im going the last breath to do my work... And I put my professional values in here too... So, we start, start, start but the final is this... And another thing 'History dont talk about defeats.' This is the first words that my instructor said me when I went to the army... I never forgotten them... LOL... LOL...

About 3D... Its just another way to work... I think and believe there are space to everyone... In my opinion, and for me, the most important thing is develop good models... And I think this is to be the main point... For example... I talk many times to my TEAM... And I always told him... For me the important issue is the FINAL RESULT... If they sleep when they are doing the models, if they eat chips, if they see movies... For me this is irrelevant... The important thing is the final result... Ive the behaviour in my life... So, and for finish, because you can think Im very boried person, LOL... LOL... The most important thing is develop models, enjoy what we are doing and grew up a little more when we read the histories of the character...

Thank you Sir for your words...
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    kenshin393 and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    This is superb, the action pose is just full of movement, the 75mm and the bust are both very well done..think it'll be the bust for me though as I prefer the lager scale figures these days
    Cheers(y)
    Jim
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hugo ..... your best yet my friend!! Can't wait to see this one at Euro (y) (y)

- Steve
  8. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Mortier...

Thank you for your sympathic words... For me ist very important receive your feedback... I think there are great sculptures in the world and they can do the same work or better... Today we live in a era where are many differents ways to do the same thing... And the important is develop good figures, with moviment, details and emotion... When I look to Roger Ranger, I see a guy with many courage, ready to kill an enemy, screming with the adrenalin in all body... If you see the hands, you can see the blood in the veins... Why? Because he is jumping, and he can use the rifle because he already use her and dont have time to ressuplier,... He saw an enemy, the body stay alert, with adrenalain in the body, that provoques a veins dilation and he is doind strengh to carry the gun... This is kind of things that make dynamic to a figure and put emotions on...

I understand why many people have a suspecious eyes with 3D... I already saw, no one told me, some 3D figures that you see the layers on the figure... But in renders, you see everthing is alright... I dont agree with this, and I can tell you this one, without any problem... I wanted to lauch LT. Cairns today, but infortunally the 75mm figure have some layers, and I refuse to lauch him... We will do another print, and I will lauch him in September... This is the way that I work and I saw the life... Im not telling this is good or bad... This is just the way that I live, nothing else...

I hope in the future, you can believe in 3D... 3D is just another way to develop figures... Nothing else... Has I told before, I think there are sculptures that can do the same work or better... But this is just my opinion...

Thank you for everthing.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I had every belief that you would get here with this kit.

Superb well done.

Looking forward to seeing the first one painted.

This is a step forward ij design technology.

Best wishes

Paul.
    napoleonpeart and Hugo Pereira like this.
  10. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Alan...

Thank you for your words...

The 75mm figure that you see is the real one... You can see all the textures on, like the photos that you can saw... You can see everthing... But everthing... In powder worn you can see all the details on too... And the backpack you can see everthing... The only difference is a single one... The details of the bust are bigger that in 75mm... This is the only difference... Look to detail of the tree... Its the really piece... So the details are there in all place...

Thank you Sir...
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    OldTaff and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Jim...

Thank you for your comment...

Roger Ranger is a figure that bring me many emotions... In first place, the challenge and once again confirms... In the worst times, we never give up, and this is secret and key for sucess... Just to tell you... The video it was a big headache... We have the figure ready since the last Thuesday, but just today at 04:53 is finish and resolve... LOL... Just today... I advise to see the video.... The wood is design by us... Everthing is 3D... LOL... LOL... Everthing... LOL... LOL...

This figure bring a new emotions too, because I send some photos to my friends... And I never expected this behaviour... Many people start reserve or asking me if the figure will be available in local spots.... and I start to register all the reserves, and when I saw the register edition, I saw one thing... Ive almost pieces reserved... Its amazing... 200 Busts and 300 75mm figure... Its amazing and unbalivable... I lanch today Roger Ranger, and Ive almost pieces reserved... This is another STEP in my hobbyworld... Its completely different that I have today... Normally my editions it will be Out of Stock, but nothing until now, have this behaviour, nothing... Always learning...

Just for finish, I want to express my gratitute to your words.
    Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    Jimbo and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Steve

Thank you my good friend... But Ive another thing waiting for you in the Euro... I will have a Port Wine in chocolat glass, waiting you...

This is a GREAT figure... It was a big challenge, but now its time to forget that, and enjoy the figure... It was very impressive... The details are something of other world... In the face you can see the skin textures... But my great diamond is the powder worn... Its something of other world... The rucksack is very good too and the details are great... When we develp the rucksack I told to my people, we have to put some parts of, for give the impression of use... When I talk with the production... They say to me... Hugo this is a huge detail file, and you want another thing... I thing we will have problem... I told him... We see in afew days... When I saw the rucksack... I put the hands on the head... and I start laughting... LOL... LOL... For me this figure have a special touch and emotions on...

Thank you for everthing my friend...

I will keep in touch.
    Big ugg and take care.
    Hugo
  13. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Paul

Thank you for your support and your words...

People like you Sir, give us strenght to keep in the good work, always trying to improve, and doing better today than yesterday, and doing better tomororw than today...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Hugo ,

This has been a long snd difficult path but what a great result that you have ended up with , this goes to show just how much RP listen to the modeller and act to give tgem the very best possible .

Looking forward to seeing this and sharing my own thoughts and ideas ...that bust is heading for my bench ...got a few ideas for the headwear !..lol

Nap
  15. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my GOOD GRIEND Kevin...

Thank you for everthing... If we are in the good path, its because we have many people like you that believe in us... And for this reason, we have to have in our mind, to be better, and better, and better... We have to fight against us, because this is teh way to grew up...

Thank you my friend...
    Big ugg and take care
  16. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    That´s advertisement par exelance!Build it and they will come!(Fields of dreams).
  17. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Tom

Thank you for your comment... Im very happy because you liked our presentation... I feel very happy with that...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  18. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Hugo

A superb piece, the detail is outstanding.

Malc
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

Well done Hugo - this is a superb figuurine. I think others have said that with those textures you seem to be revolutionarising the figuring world.

Cheers

Huw
  20. Ray Mootsey Active Member

United-States
    I just do not have words to thank you for this figure, I cannot wait to own the 75mm figure. Thank You very much for this one. Ray