1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Major Robert Rogers, 1760

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Mar 3, 2005.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The sword has been removed from the frog in this picture. When the bottom half of the coat is done the cartridge box and cutlass will be able to be attached to figure without that portion of the coat getting in the way.

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Gary
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here some of the back of the coat along with a few folds has been worked in. The back part of the sword frog that will not be seen has to be sanded down as this is no more than a belt and would be far too thick in real life.

Attached Files:

4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, Thanks a lot, I'm really enjoying working on this figure.~Gary
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The overall figure at this stage.

Attached Files:

6. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gary

Great peice of work

Dave
  7. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Gary,

lovely work (y)
    I hope that you don't lose momentum at this point (which unfortunately often happens to me) and see it through completion soon.

Calvin
  8. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Gary, the overall picture you posted on the last page really makes me realise how beautifully sculpted this figure is....especially as it is only 1:35th.
    All that work on the legs looks so natural, And I don't think you could have chosen a better head, it looks like it was made for this very project.

Fabulous

Roy.
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, Thank you.

Calvin, thank you very much. I keep picture folders of several sculptor's work (including yours) that really inspires me to knock my work up a notch everytime I do something new.

Roy, I really appreciate the kind words. I'm happy with the way the figure is progressing. I have several Hornet head sets and when I saw thiat head I immediately thought of the painting. I may revisit the subject in a larger scale later on, sculpted with commercial production in mind.~Gary
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    3/4 view of Rogers with the left coattail added.

Attached Files:

11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Profile view. I have since smoothed out the coat with steel wool.

Attached Files:

12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Back view of the coat.

Attached Files:

13. fsdesimone Member

One of the things I find most interesting about how you work Gary is that you're able to jump between projects so easily but quality doesn't suffer.
  14. Alan Guest

15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Francesca, Thank you. Some days I work on one project others both. I have always done things that way. It's hard for me to work on just one thing at a time, especially if I have to wait on putty to dry and have the free time to do something else.

Alan, Thank you. I like the Woodland indians you're doing. Can we expect to see some bare chested Indians in the future? I plan on doing one in the near future, I'm sure it will be a lot more involved than one with a shirt on.~Gary
  16. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Excellent Gary!

Folks I saw this in the flesh when Gary and I visited last week. It really is marvelous.
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Thanks a lot I appreciate it. I enjoyed the visits talking shop with you.~Gary
  18. y_wong New Member

Dear Gary,

Well done. Looking forward to its completion.

regards :)
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, Thank you.~Gary

Here is the back of the figure with the rest of the jacket roughed in.

Attached Files:

20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Back view. A few of the folds have been changed.

Attached Files: