1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Maid of Heaven -Joan of Arc Flat Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by spinnerguy, Jul 16, 2018.

1. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    My first bust on a flat for some time -from Dittmar Schmalkalden. 55mm high,rather a masculine look,but to be expected if fighting alongside men in battle......;). Just made a start on the face - painted using acrylics......
    [IMG]
    ELENA SHTENTSEL and Rich Sculpts like this.
  2. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Update - not much ground to cover on these flats,and don't want to over paint.Hair showing is dark brown,but not too visible on my pic.....
    Nearing complete,I think,may add a fleur de lys to the shoulder armour (pauldron) .Evidently there would have been one on each shoulder,on her armour,plus a larger one on the chest plate...
    Will post again when completed and framed up.
    [IMG]
  3. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Although not to everyone's taste,painting flats is a different challenge - only a small space to make an impact.......

Here's my finished attempt ,for those interested.
    [IMG][IMG]