1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Maeda Toshinaga [1/8] - (ii): Portraiture

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Augie, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Augie Active Member

United-States
    I've spent the last few days tweaking the "catfish tail", and I am just about to that all-but-done stage. Granted, glazing, final sanding, and polishing still await, but the days of dust clouds lingering over the studio are over. . .

And now for the face. As some of you might have read in EPH, I was undecided whether to depict him in his early 20s or late 30's. I have opted for the latter, if only to keep with the prevailing Sekigahara sub-theme present throughout my Ft. Duq releases.

It would appear that Toshinaga, unlike his father, was portly--whether this was due to the [relatively] "easier" life afforded the son of a self-made man--or not, I am not able to say with any degree of certainty. In any event, the face has been "fleshed-out" considerably and is now about 70% done.

Moving right along. . .

FOLLOW-UP--29.04.10The putty work on the face is now done, and I have begun the finishing and texturing. I AM DELIGHTED!!! I'll try to post some abd ip images before the end of the weekend. . .
    [IMG]

Continue reading...