1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Made some signs.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I make them in WORD with the help of the TEXTBOX function and different fonts downloaded for free on the internet and then installed in WORD.

Just make the your own for low cost with the option of several hundreds of fonts, size, text and colours.

Then just print them on high glossy photopaper. Cut to size and attached them to your base using glue or doubble sided tape.

[IMG]
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I've tried to do the same thing, but yours are the best I've seen. (y) How did you do the background? That's the bit I've had the most trouble with.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Ill get back later when Im at home where I have more time to write down a little more detailed explanation.
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matt, When you put together a text box with Word you get the background color by choosing "fill" this can be white or a color of your choosing. I would also suggest using transparency film for your nameplates. The most important thing is to be sure you reverse the image with a photo program so you can mount your plate with the gloss side facing out.~Gary
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I'd appreciate some info on where you downloaded the fonts, too.

I have played with the "word art" function. I like a few of these because the letters are "hollow" and the background colors show thru well.

Keith
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Ok, Matt, here we go.

In WORD you go to VIEW and check the TOOLBAR, DRAWING.

With that toolbar you can edit the shape of the TEXTBOX, colour of the frame, thicknes of frame, colour of background and colour of text. Some minor effects can also be added.

Hope this helps.

Keith.
    Heres a place to start:
    Free Fonts

But I also recomend that you do a Google search on "FREE", "FONTS" and perhaps a particular style of fonts like "STAR WARS".