1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MAB - LIMITEDITIONS - News - El Camino de Cortes

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MAB, Oct 27, 2022.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello everyone, after a long wait, here I present to you a new adventure or modeling challenge, over the years many pieces have been released on this historical period, but often with single pieces, my intent is to create a scene over time of about 6/7 pieces (some on horseback) that like the previous one of the tercios, gives the possibility of multiple settings and chromatic changes according to your artistic sensibilities.
    Well LIMITEDITIONS is pleased to present “IL CAMINO DE CORTES - Ballestero - Guerrereo Tlaxcalteca - Perro Bruto“
    As usual the scale is always abundant 54 (almost 65mm) Material Resin. The sale will close on 3/11/2022 at 21.00 (Italian time) - ATTENTION Shipments (2 Trance) will start from mid-January 2023.
    For those interested contact me on Messenger or to this email: mab.limiteditions@libero.it - ​​Enjoy it :) Good Vision MAB

BALES1WE.jpg BALES2WE.jpg BALES3WE.jpg BALES4WE.jpg BALES5WE.jpg
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb, not my period of history but beautiful figures
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Maurizio

Good to see the new sculpting and a period full of great potential releases , certainly going to be plenty to paint

Thanks for sharing

Looking forward to seeing more

Happy sculpting

Nap
    Dolf likes this.
  4. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I find the depiction of Aztec poorly executed..is he Japanese or another Asian? and the scene tends to be racialized with bent little guy and staunch conquistador. Many will pile on and attack me but I have to say it- not the best
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Box artwork as seen on Social Media

IMG_5095.JPG

Nap
    Dolf, Edorta, Redcap and 1 other person like this.
  6. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Half my family is from Mexico. People of pure native blood are shorter and while having darker skin, have Asian like appearances. The Tlaxcala were integral in the Spanish conquest of the Aztec. They were even awarded with their own semi autonomous state. Which still exists today. I really like the depiction of the warrior carrying all his weapons and kit. The people of that region did not have pack animals.
    Edorta, Steve Edwards, MAB and 3 others like this.
  7. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    it's a problem of tastes and historical knowledge, obviously, you don't like it, that's okay, you can't paint everything that comes out on the market ;)
    Martin64, Dolf, Redcap and 1 other person like this.
  8. Steve Edwards Active Member

Blade and Musket Limited Editions are fantastic. Maurizio Bruno is a very gifted sculptor. And it's wonderful to see his models painted up by Danilo Cartacci. But it's only historical modelling; there is no moral dimension.

Maurizio has recently issued a whole series of Spanish Tercio 30 Years War subjects. This was one of the most destructive wars in history but the miniatures don't celebrate conflict and religious intolerance but rather the entirely peaceful and benign pastimes of modelling and painting. As we read this, there's modellers all round the world giving themselves eye-strain by trying to paint SS pea-dot camouflage in 1/35 scale. They are not celebrating the Nazi regime, they are painting camo!

I just ordered some Kimera Kolors paints from the Danilo Cartacci Signature collection. Will this make me paint as well as Danilo?
    Billy Dickinson, Nicolaos and MAB like this.
  9. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great work, I think the face of the tlaxcalan warrior is ok, and not far from the real native people faces you can find in the internet, in movies like Apocalypto, or in TV productions like "Hernan", and of course throughout Mexico. Certain asian traits in American peoples are anthropologically proven and they are also obvious.
    The question of height is anecdotal, we can assume that Europeans of the time were somewhat taller since they consumed more meat and dairy products than Americans.
    In addition, the difference in height between the figures is not that great, taking into account that the native has his legs somewhat bent, and is somewhat hunched over by the weight of his equipment.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    Dolf likes this.
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Steve surely you will paint it well :)
    Edoardo you have done a correct analysis thanks
    ------------------------------------------
    I don't understand all these fake moralisms, this scene doesn't want to commemorate anything, it's just a historical representation of events and characters.
    I can understand the criticism made by a woman who does not understand the nature of historical modeling
    but I cannot understand it from a model maker who perhaps has in his window Subjects like Custer - or some Roman or some Templar or some American with a blue jacket,
    let's try to be serious all the wars have made blood flow and moralizing in modeling is stupid and is now out of fashion.
    Open your minds and have fun doing modeling, that there are already journalists and commentators on television to shoot bullshit.
    ---------------------------------------
    Last 3 days to buy the scene, then it will no longer be available, NOT MISS IT ! ;)