1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Ma.K Strahl mechanic

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mart, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Mart PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    More Maschinen Krieger.

‘Otto’ a mechanic to go with my Strahl Democratic Republic PKA Kangaroo and pilot dio.

An older (mid ‘80s) styrene figure, it’s not blessed with lots of detail and the plastic is rather brittle.
    24B5A82E-28DA-4862-A93E-F73566162BD8.jpeg

I somehow lost a hand during the build, so he ended up with a ‘field-prosthetic’.
    44E259F8-F8F9-4A59-83A2-D12635B666CE.jpeg

Sadly I forgot that he was styrene and put him in the crockpot to dry. This ended badly…..
    58A394E0-E73A-4BE7-BB1E-DC787153CEF5.jpeg
    razor and Briggsy like this.
  2. Mart PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Take two.

Happily I had another mechanic figure. After building up the first one and realising it was a bit bland, I decided to build up ‘Otto2’ with an aftermarket head.
    EEE7C2AA-7D42-4433-8A1A-3A2C390C7DE3.jpeg
    D4111F6C-F12A-4D57-9738-B156B523B0D4.jpeg

Much more interesting sculpt.

I forgot to take any more pics until he was pretty much complete.
    8A001215-91A2-432E-BCCD-D0A1CD5CF23C.jpeg

In place on the diorama.
    6FDA6A2D-303E-4C02-B4C2-BF74AED77906.jpeg
    I liked the prosthetic so reused it on Otto2
    33B62D26-28FF-46C0-B605-15B330575AAC.jpeg
    NigelR, theBaron and Briggsy like this.
  3. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Poor old Otto 1 looks very deflated after his stint in the crock pot.Nice job on Otto 2.
  4. Briggsy A Fixture

I like Otto two, the prosthetic is a good addition. Real shame about the first version though, but the plastic would be shot.

Cheers Simon
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, the old injection-molded styrene figures in the Nitto kits have relatively soft detail. The later generation of resin kits benefit from the crisp detail you can achieve with resin casting.
    I'm not sure, but I think someone produced a resin version of that figure, perhaps Brick Works; I know I've seen one. But I may be misremembering, too, and thinking of an unlicensed figure, in which case, forget I said anything. But wedding the Brick Works head to a styrene body works very well; your kit bash looks great!
    I like the Strahl heads and figures. Most of them have that sh*t-eatin' grin that says, "We're Strahlis, we're winning, we eat mercs for breakfast!" Excellent sculpts and nice, crisp castings.
    Prost!
    Brad
    Mart likes this.
  6. Mart PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thanks gents!
    theBaron likes this.