1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

M1859 Sharps rifle

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Oct 31, 2004.

1. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

I have just updated my webpage with the step by step scratch building of the M1859 Sharps rifle used by the Berdan Sharpshooter during the ACW.

http://sg.geocities.com/y_wong62/

Just follow the link and hope you like it.
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Wong,very nice website,I like it a lot.

Ciao

Roc :)
  3. vince wai Active Member

Hi Wong ( or should I call you Yau? )

Nice sculpting with the Sharps rifle, what scale is it?

Vince
  4. y_wong New Member

Hey Roc and Vince, glad you like it.

It's for my 120mm Berdan Sharpshooter which I am currently sculpting. My friends call me Wong (my surname).

regards :)
  5. Hyades New Member

:eek:

Wow! Absolutely fantastic website there! All the step-by-steps with diagrams and pictures are amazing! I've just added your site to my favorites list - keep it up! The site is immensly enjoyable!

Thanks much.
    Nancy
    aka Hyades
  6. vince wai Active Member

In Singapore, do people add the "ah" in front of the surname in addressing people? I came from Hong Kong, and they usually do so, like "Ah Wong", " Ah Wai"........and "Ah Quang".....:)))

vince
  7. y_wong New Member

Dear Vince,

Yes they do, especially among close friends.

8. y_wong New Member

Dear Nancy,

Thanks for the complement and I'm glad that you find it enjoyable. I try to update it once a month.

Yesterday I was just wondering how come there are so few ladies in this forum or hobby and suddenly you appear. Talk about coincidence.

9. vince wai Active Member

Hah, great! You can call me "Ah Wai":)))) My last name is Wai, you know, the same as that Wai Siu Bo.
  10. y_wong New Member

Dear Ah Wai,

Yes, coincidentally my wife and kids are reading Louis Cha's novels ( condor hero and dragon saber respectively) right now.

Cheers and a happy week ahead to you. :lol:
  11. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Wong Yau (Ah Wong ;) ),GREAT SBS on the M1859 Sharps rifle;I thoroughly enjoyed reading it ! WELL DONE,my friend (y) ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:

P.S. All the best for your coming examinations !
  12. y_wong New Member

Dear kenneth,

thanks and maybe we can get together after the exam for me to see your latest.