1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Luigi, The Final Crew Figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Oct 15, 2006.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Okay guys, I got to admit, having only 2 figures for the Sahariana seemed a little too " sparse " for such an interesting and unusual vehicle, so I " bit the bullet " as it were and created another crew member to join the other 2 ( or is it three, does the monkey count :lol: ? ). Anyhow, the head is from Model Victoria, hands from Hornet, boots from Warriors and the rest from putty, paper-clips and cut-down plastic figure parts for the basic torso and pelvis. I planned the figure to be in a squatting pose, although I may have him resting on something later on, we'll see how it goes. Once again, thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :) .

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Some close-up shots of " Luigi " :
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Kenneth - I think he makes a good addition and the sculpting is up to your excellent quality. Maybe it is the photos, angle they were taken, etc., but I think he looks anatomically out of proportion in the caboose. To me, his butt looks too big, Kenneth. How's that for a frank discussion about anatomy on a public forum? :)
    I'm only pointing this out because when I do something similar and don't see it, I want you to bring it to my attention. As always, feel free to disagree and ignore my comments.

All the best,
    Dan
  3. Marcin Łukawski Member

Poland
    Nice job Kenneth ! (y)
    I like italian soldiers :lol:

Best regards
    Marcin
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Kenneth.
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Kenneth, great work my friend. I see a marked improvement on your previous efforts. Well done. Keep up the good work

Stephen Mallia
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Dan !
    Thanks for your frank reply to my post :lol: !!! Nope, I went back to check on the dude's butt and it looked fine to me ;) . I believe the angle of the photography contributed to the " expansion " of his derriere. That, plus the fact that he is wearing one of those " baggy " Italian uniform slacks makes the posterior look a little larger. Anyhow, please continue to be frank in your comments; it's pointers like these that help me improve modelling-wise :) . Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Marcin; I really appreciate the compliment !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much, Guy !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Stephen; I really appreciate the encouragement and good comments !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good effort Kenneth,The whole setup is great.I can't wait to see the painted version!
    regards
    christos
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    You always pick up nice themes and your execution is brilliant . Waitingto see them on the painting course !!!
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Christos; I really appreciate the encouragement !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Costas, my friend, thank you so very much for the positive comments :lol: !!! Yes, the next step will definitely be painting ( I think I've accumulated enough sculpted figures to last me for quite awhile ;) !!! ). Cheers, buddy !
  14. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great work my friend & sorry for not commenting before as I was out of a pc for more then 15days.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

Waiting for you to trade putty to paint and scalpel to brush :lol:

Take Care,

Ray ;)
  15. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work, my friend! :)

best regards
    Artur
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Ray !
    It's alright, my friend, I can fully understand the frustration ;) !!! Thank you very much for the encouragement; with GREAT FRIENDS like yourself urging me on, I'll definitely get cracking on these guys ASAP :lol: !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much, Artur; your encouragement is greatly appreciated :lol: !!! Cheers !
  18. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Can't wait to see the painted version
  19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Patrick !!!! I just primed the little dudes today, so painting will commence soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  20. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Another great subject my friend Yeo. I really like this one and as always the animal is there :) trademark of your sculpts.\

Xenofon