1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Luftwaffe pilot North Africa WWII 1\10 scae bust by Young miniatures

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Yellow_one, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Yellow_one Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Hello peoples.
    This is my next work, 1\10 bust of german WWII pilot in North Africa painted for Young miniatures boxart. 95% oils and 5% of acrylics.

DAKpilot9.jpg DAKpilot10.jpg DAKpilot11.jpg DAKpilot12.jpg DAKpilot13.jpg DAKpilot14.jpg DAKpilot15.jpg DAKpilot16.jpg
  2. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Love this painting style! especially love the skin tone.
  3. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    great work when's this one being released by young?
  4. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
    Fantastic friend!!

Fantastic light under the chin!

Juanma
  5. Yellow_one Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks peoples. It`s was relised today.
  6. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Great stuff !
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Beautifully painted, superb.........but I can't help seeing this style as a highly detailed, technically brilliant 2D representation.
    There were a couple of pieces at Euro painted very much in this style and at first glance I thought they were flats.
    That being said it's only my opinion....... as to the model.....another brilliant sculpt from Young.
    Cheers
    Derek
    kaz6120 and legend69 like this.
  8. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great, amazing, awesome painting albeit in a different style from what we are used to - I agree on all points with Derek!

Thanks, Anthony
    DEL likes this.
  9. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Yellow one does it again! Amazing work sir. Always great to see your work.
  11. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Sir! Very interesting style.
  12. Yellow_one Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks evryone. I agree that this technique realy good for flat figures. I had try it first time on 1\10 bust, it`s looks more spectacular that ambient light pattern from above, but not from all points of view. I think need more practice.
    DEL likes this.
  13. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    I agree, it´s like a 2D representation but it works in every angle. I think that this is a very clever and advanced technique, a pure domain of light and color and remains me of the great illustrations of Norman Rockwell.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    kaz6120 and DEL like this.
  14. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    This painting definitely shows the influence of Young Song and Sang Eon Lee. The difference here is that the warm and cool tones are so carefully modulated and integrated that they work more harmoniously than seen before. I was not completely sold on this style previously. This bust may change my mind.......

Brilliant! :notworthy:
    kaz6120 likes this.
  15. mao A Fixture

Italy
  16. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Mike's got it spot on. that's exactly right it's the careful modulation and obvious thought and planning that's gone into this that changes peoples opinions as to styles.
    This is what I like so much about this hobby, the range of styles and techniques allow a legitimate place for all. This is a stunning work of art. (y)
    Martin64 and tiberius57 like this.
  17. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Stunning piece of art, indeed!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  18. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is an excellent bust from Young, and a very unique style of rendering it Kirill. Quite different, and very stunning. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
  19. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    This is the first time I saw someone got the goal on painting I want to reach.
    Feel like the first time I saw Usain Bolt recorded 9"69.
  20. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand