1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

LUDUS DOMINUS

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Paulo, May 27, 2021.

1. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my Friends, this Master/Owner of a Gladiator School is my last work, skin is 100% acrylics and will appear soon in a Magazine, I let you know when is out.

I always loved this Bust, but I intend to make a different version from the Artbox, and of course SPARTACUS tv series help with the idea...
    I believe I will make more Busts in a next future, the satisfaction was great in this one ...

DSC00430.JPG
    Perseas, blaster, TOMTAN and 19 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great job Paulo (y)

Funnily enough this was the first bust I completed as well - there are now 7 in the cabinet and several more waiting to be painted :D

Cheers
    Paul
    Paulo likes this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I can understand the enjoyment of painting busts, very little clean up and pinning, straight on with the painting.

I've just spent two weeks cleaning up two old almond mounted figures, putty everywhere. My wife has pestered me for years to paint Von Werner, she has no idea of the grief she has saddled me with...lol

Keith
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work there.

@ Paul & Keith: I agree, busts can be very enjoyable. But the eyes are key. Get the eyes right and you're already half way there. Mess 'em up though and you might as well forget it. And I often struggle with the eyes.

- Steve
  5. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi steve - the problem with bigger scales is that you are not alouded to fail, because it´s imediately visible :(
    Otherwise you can do other details that are less visible in smaller scales ... the eyes is one of them
  6. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Paul
    actually this Bust is amazzing in details and I allways liked it, I just needed a diferent version/ispiracion to do my version - :) finally arrived -
    DaddyO likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paulo

Great looking result and different colour choices which is nice to see , like the patterning

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our May's FOTM comp and also vote in Aprils classes as well

....And enter in Vignettes & Diorama #3 which will be running till 31/12/21 with voting till 31/01/22

Always good to see the artwork

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Happy benchtime

Nap
  8. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Looking great and well painted

Mobo
    Paulo likes this.