1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lucky Jack - Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Dec 6, 2008.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Tony,
    Excellent result .You,ve really brought him to life.
    andy
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Pedro, Jay, David, John and Andy,

Thank you very much guys. It's greatly appreciated. I'm glad you like him
  3. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Tony, Great paint job.!!! keep up the great work!!!
    Cheers,
    Andy
  4. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work on a great bust Tony!

Jason
  5. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Superb paintwork on the is beauty Tony!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy, Jason and Marcel,

Thanks for your comments on this magnificent bust. It makes it easier to produce a good paint job when the bust is so well sculpted.
  7. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Tony,

magnificent work! The face is just perfect, very realistic!

Thanks for sharing
    Denes
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work Tony-compliments!!!
    chris
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Denes and Chris,

Thank you my friends.
  10. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Years of practice shows through

Hi Tony,
    like the results.
    Smooth finish, good skin tones, and an experiment with pastels for stubble. Excellent.

Some questions; Did you shade the bicorn hat, or is that just a trick of the light? It seems to have a subtle texture effect that I wouldn't mind replicating.

Another question, regarding your research, correction and apology in the reviews section; How can you possibly do such a thing?
    That kind of behavior sets an example of gentlemanly behavior, maturity, decency and humility..... and encourages others to be friendly and supportive of not only other planeteers, but the sculptors and producers of such well done figures.
    This kind of decent behaviour suppresses the "Holier then thou skill set" often found on other websites..... (Dry Aussie humour for the unsuspecting or slightly confused - its actually a very indirect compliment and big pat on the back)

Well done Tony. As a series of SBS methods, it helps the rest of us 'lift' ideas we can use.

Cheers:D:D:D:D
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jamie,

Firstly, thank you for your generous, if not oblique, compliment. My back feels suitably patted. I only hope Mr Lee will accept my apology and forgive me for questioning the accuracy of his painting. I sent him a PM but have not had a reply so far.

Secondly, the tricorn hat was shaded and highlighted using Black & Black/ Grey acrylic paint and finished with a dusting of black pastel.

The texture was actually created by dusting the hat in talcum powder while the base coat was stil drying and then spraying dull coat to seal it to the surface. The talc creates a very fine, smooth and even texture, which can then be very lightly dry brushed. It creates an effect similar to the rough texture of wool, which looks quite realistic in this scale.

This is an old trick taught to me by Phil Walden 20 years ago, and I still use it when I want to replicate rough textures on uniforms and hats etc.
  12. Hecky_uk Active Member

Hi Tony

Absolutely great job on this one. Love it.

I too have photography troubles with my work . Perhaps someone can direct me (us) to a forum or other webpage to help improve photographic results. These comments are not meant to distract from your paint job though as it looks excellent.

Ian
  13. Vic New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,

M & C is one of my favourate films, I was toying with getting this bust myself and you've just made my mind up fpr me.

You've done him proud, excellent job

All the best

Vic
  14. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Lovely work
    Roberto
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ian, Vic & Roberto,

Thanks so much for your comments.
  16. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    G'Day Tony.
    Beautiful work my friend , that really works well, congrats.
    Cheers
    Alan
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks mate,

It's good to have you back on the Planet. Now to get you using acrylics
  18. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Tony, excellent job.
    Cheers...
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Metin, I appreciate your comment.