1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lucky Jack - Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Dec 6, 2008.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

Here are the finished pics of Lucky Jack.

Recent additions include adding a 5 o'clock shadow with pastels, and repainting the trim on the brim of the hat and the braiding on the lapels of the jacket.

Hope you like it. As always comments/ criticism is welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear Tony hello. I think that you have done a very nice job, but your pictures including too much lights , dont allow this to show clearly . My congratulations for the finishing of this piece, you should be proud of

Costas
  3. Mark S Guest

Tony,a beautiful result again.This may be your best to date.
    As Costas said the exposure of the pics doesn't show the colours at their best but we can easily appreciate your great detailing.
    Did I miss something about the change of heart on the hat trim or was that a last minute thing?
    Well done,mate as I said just beautiful!!:)
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    New pics

Hi Costas and Mark,

Thanks for your comments my friends.

I've taken some more pics with lower light exposure. Hopefully they will not make the colours appear quite so washed out.

Attached Files:

5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful painting Tony. He really turned out well.
  6. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    wonderful work my friend

i had to watch the movie today for the first time in over 12 months.....forgot how much i liked it
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    An extraordinary result Tony! Wow!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Tony! The second set of pics does a much better job of showing off the paintwork on this one. I'm with Mark, why the change on the hat trim? I didn't read every post on the other threads, did you catch some flack over it? At any rate, this is such a fun bust and your paints have brought him to life!

Jay H.
    OKc
  9. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    Wow, another quick model. There getting done faster and faster :) After seeing the 2nd set of pictures, I he looked much better with a lower ISO? (light exposure). I particularyly like the face of him the most and the unclean shaven look.

Daniel
  10. Ixian New Member

Australia
    Good to see it complete, Tony, pastels for the 5'o clock?? My hats off to you.

Cheers
    Dickson
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks guys,

I really appreciate your comments.

Jay, I watched the movie again last night and realised that I'd confused Lucky Jack's dress uniform (which has all the gold trim on it) and his normal service dress uniform which is the plain version sculpted and painted on the box art. The version painted by Lee Sang Eon is 100% accurate to the movie, so I thought I should get rid of the gold bits and stay faithful to the box art and the movie.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Tony,

Marc
  13. tony66 Member

Australia
    Lovely work Tony!
    The 5 o'clock shadow looks excellent.
    Tony Del
  14. Hardy Guest

Superb work tony, really an inspiration. Hardy
  15. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    exellent work!

and fast :)

mark
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Marc, Tony,Hardy and Mark,

Thank you guys. This has been a wonderfully enjoyable bust to paint and I greatly appreciate all the encouragement and feedback I've received from my fellow Planeteers.
  17. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Tony

Great paint you have done in this beautiful masterpiece.
    The beard on the face is amazing:eek:

Regards From Portugal

Pedro
  18. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States

For what it's worth Tony, I completely agree. I like it staying true to the movie as well.

Jay H.
    OKc
  19. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nice Tony , the stuble is a nice touch and done with pastels never thought of doing that. Will have to get mine started soon as this one to good to stay in the box for long.

David
  20. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Tony,Fantastic painting mate.You have done a great job on an excellent sculpt.5 o'clock shadow looks very real.Nice touch.
    Regards John:)