1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Lucky Jack" bust - SBS 1 (Face)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    So thats how the Figure Painting Factory does it!!!

The Purple Patch Painting Factory does it again!!!

First, thanks for sharing the technique.
    I'll be noting that down in my notebook too.

Second, he is coming along splendidly. Slightly weathered skin tones, as we would expect of a sailor, that period.

Agree, eyes are the key thing, get them not right, well..... the eyes you have done are just right.

I'll be interested in how you do all the trim. I have a copy of Daniel Caricillos (Spelling?) where he does some chapters on Metallic trims.

thumbs up!!

cheers
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I think you are doing a really great job on this.

Colin
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Guy, Matthew, Jamie and Colin,

Thank you guys, its wonderful to get such positive feedback, and inspires me to keep going.
  4. Ixian New Member

Australia
    Very nice

Greetings Tony!

Awesome subject, great paint job. Given your affinity for OZ subjects/actors I assume you have the Eric Bana/Hector bust in your stockpile? Would be great to see it posted soon yes *hint* *hint*?

Keep us posted!

Cheers
    Dickson
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Dickson,

Thanks for your message mate.

Actually if you check out my vBench you'll find both the Eric Bana and Brad Pitt busts by Young Miniatures.

I've seen some of your magnificent figures in Model Art Magazine. Whynot set up a vBench for yourself and share them with the rest of the guys here on Planet Figure.

Can never have too many Aussies here on pF.
  6. Ixian New Member

Australia
    Touche!!

Just did what you suggested and I'm enjoying what I sees! Been out of the site for too long mate...

Look forward to getting back in touch with the wider community!

Cheers
  7. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Head gear trim

Hi Tony,
    Brad Pitt is now an Aussie? oops, more pills...

Googled Royal Navy hats, and the One image I found had no gold trim....the reply is on reviews section.

Artists discretion, photo cap from screen, and the ultimate rule, "My figure, my bench, my paint scheme".

Besides, I think the gold trim looks better. Captain of the boat and all that.

cheers
    (Confirmed land lubber)
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

I've spent the past few hours concentrating on the gold trim on the hat, and blending the black colours on the hat. The hat is now glued to the head, and next step is to prime and paint the torso.:D

Criticism and comments welcome.

Attached Files:

9. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good, Tony! Looks like a nice, smooth finish on the hat. Personally, I like the gold trim on the hat, it adds visual interest.

Jason
  10. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Smooth Finish

The hat has very nice and subtle tones to it.

gives it a velvet type appearance. "Lucky Jack" is coming to life before our very eyes!!!

Thumbs up!
  11. tony66 Member

Australia
    Tony
    Looks amazing mate! I'll definitely keep watching this busts progression! The face is so life like
    Tony Del
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jason,Jamie and Tony,

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments.

Tony, you'll be able to check it out in person tomorrow mate. See you then
  13. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Some of your best work to date Tony! Very well done indeed. Just ordered my copy yesterday. Of course, I will have to finish up some outstanding projects before I can start this new one right?;)
  14. tony66 Member

Australia
    Hi Tony
    Looking forward to it. It's great that I can learn from someone with your talent in little old Perth W.A.
    Tony Del
  15. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    amazing face!congratulations
    dimitris
  16. mario Active Member

Brazil
    Hello Tony

Excellent work, looking forward to your next step.

Warm regards

Mario
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Glenn, Tony, Dim and Mario,

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I try to improve the standard of my painting with every new figure I start. These Young Miniature busts seem to bring out the best in me.

Tony, I hope you got something out of our painting workshop yesterday. I got beer:D:D:D

I've started work on base coating the torso now, so I'll start a new SBS thread for that.