1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP " Lucky Ditch" Messerschmitt BF 109g-6

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dr Force, May 9, 2012.

1. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Oh Boy, a lot of work to do! I know what I´m talking about, ´cause I build up plastik models in 1:48 and 1:32 since a long time. I wish you good luck for your project and will have an eye on your progress.

Yours Thomas
  2. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Thomas

Loads to do but having experienced the Tiger conversion I'm not finding this as daunting! The only problem is my knowledge of the bf109 is not great so I am having to get my research and reference photos right.

Dave
  3. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Hi David,
    what kind of informations do you need exactly? A friend of mine does a great research for Revell´s new Bf 109. Maybe he can help you with special infos about the type you are planning.

Thomas
  4. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks very much Thomas!

I am building the BF 109g-6 and require reference (close up) photos for the engine, canopy, cockpit, rudder/elevator/aileron hinges, machine guns and air vents. As I am breaking the wings I also require a detailed pic of the internal wing design.

Phew........not much then!

Dave
  5. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Ok Dave, i will ask my friend at the weekend. Think, it will be possible to get such infos.
    Stay tuned.

Thomas
    Dr Force likes this.
  6. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Sweet, I'll be watchin this one too Dave. RuckOver Baby!

Cheers, Ski.
  7. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thomas, thank you for your efforts, this will make a big difference!

Yo Stevie Skiiiiiii, good to have you on board fella and look forward to sharing another journey!

Cheers
    Dave
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Whoa, you don't waste time do ya mate. Hear we go again. Let the good times roll!

Regards

Ron
  9. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron

Thanks for dropping in mate! This should be a tad easier than the Tiger and less time too.

Cheers
    Dave
  10. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave,

Another stunning concept mate! You really do think out of the box.

There's no way on this planet that this will end up easier than the Tiger, you're too much of a perfectionist. Another 600 post thread coming up!

Don't know if it would be any use, but I do have a copy of this book by Mick Prodger. Would you like me to scan the pages that deal with post 1942 aircew clothing?
    41EA857WBBL._SS500_.jpg
    All the best,
    Jon.
  11. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jon

Great to hear from you buddy.

You might be right and I could take a bit longer lol but hey ho the devil is in the detail! I'll take you up on the offer with the scans mate, that would be superb.

Thanks for your support mate.

Dave
  12. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    One flight boot complete, with a bit of minor sanding once dry:-

boots8.jpg boots9.jpg boots10.jpg boots12.jpg boots13.jpg
    pmfs likes this.
  13. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Hi Dave,
    today I got the answer from my friend in Berlin. He will search his sources in the following days, but he told me,
    the first adress for you might be Lynn Rittger´s "109 lair" on http://109lair.hobbyvista.com.
    There, he said, you will find all the detailphotos you need. I took a look in the last minutes and was very impressed abut all
    the detailphotos there. I remember a 1:48 Bf 109 E on my modelshelf. Mmmmmh... Maybe the next model to build for me?!?
    Hope, this will be helpfull for you.

Happy modelling Thomas
    Dr Force likes this.
  14. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thomas that is fantastic, wow what a site, just what I need.

Thank you very much for your help & support.

Dave
  15. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice fliegerpelzstiefel, I like the way you've made the zips. Have you made the zip up the inside also?

Here are a couple of scans from Mick Prodger's book. There are many pages that deal with individual items, so if you need say gloves, then let me know and I'll scan those pages.

All the best,
    Jon.

Attached Files:

16. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Jon, that is very helpful.

Yes the zips are up the inside also using the same technique plus the line down the back. Just starting o sculpt the flight helmet now!

Cheers
    Dave
  17. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi

A bit more progress on the two figures, having redone the boots trousers and now starting to thicken area's, its starting to take a bit more shape. Obviously I have only removed some resin from the top area's which will await sculpting of tunics and life jacket and some obvious tidying up to do around some of the fresh sculpt:-
    qw4.jpg qw3.jpg qw6.jpg
    billyturnip and pmfs like this.
  18. chris1 Active Member

Hi David
    I'm enjoying this..however had an idea instead of a Bf 109 how about a Me 110 would perhaps explain why 2 crew members.
    Just a thought.

Chris
  19. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah good shout Chris but I'm sticking with the 109. The idea of "lucky ditch" is 1) he has crashed without death 2) it was either, near an Axis airfield or German camp near the Gustav line!

As stated, I will get the uniforms and aircraft historically correct but the scene is purely fictional.

Thanks for your interest.
    Dave
  20. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A productive weekend!

Got quite a bit of the conversion done on the first guy, just need to add some more definition on some creases and tidy up. I also need to sculpt the other colar whichwill be done once I have sculpted the life jacket. The equipment will need some straps sculpting to the belt and I will need to adjust this sleeve, below the red line:-

full.jpg full2.jpg full3.jpg

Attached Files:

Silversurfer, Lew J and billyturnip like this.