1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lt. Gen. Mikhail Skoboleff

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Jun 5, 2005.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Dan,

This is something great. Now i will waiting for you painting.
    Great work.

Marc
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Guy and Marc! Gee, guys, you're makin' me blush! And believe me Luca and Guy, I'll work on the contrast, shadows, etc.! Thanks to all for the critique!

What have I gotten myself into - a WHITE coat??!! I think I'm going to use off-white for most of the coat & light greys for shadows. What do you use for highlights on white? The face will not be so white and pink as Mr. Ruggeri painted it. The flesh tones in the painting look fine, but I think they'd look ridiculous on the figure. Agree?

All the best,
    Dan
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Here's the first WIP on Gen. Skoboleff by partner-painter Glenn Hamilton. Glenn's just completed the head so far and I think he's nailed it personally. More to follow. I'm sure he'd welcome your comments and constructive critique.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    All the best,
    Dan
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dan, I really like what you've done with the General..he does look like a powerful character, and you are working the putty better each time..and it looks like Glenn is doing a sterling paintjob, can't wait to see further progress with the painting, especially that white jacket.

All the best.

Roy.
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Glenn Hamilton did a fine job painting my mediocre figure of Gen. Skoboleff! Let's hear it for Glenn, ladies and gents!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thanks Glenn! ;)

All the best,
    Dan
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Dan...that's turned out to be an impressive figure,I bet you're well happy........the uniform is striking, very nicely done Glenn..

All the best......Roy.
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks good! Like the mud spatters. Well done guys!