1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP LT Edgar Scholtz

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,
    Thought I woud start a thread with this nice bust from MDC , it is of course Lt Scholtz (commisioned on the day he was killed) , hence the NCO braiding on his collar.

Sculpted of course by Rob Lane , particularly like the fur effects on the coat and the flying helmet both will be a different colour when finished , lots of washes to do and highlights etc , fleshwork started in oils but will have to remix the colour as I forgot about it !!!!

Be interested in your thoughts on the best way to paint the flying goggles and how you would approach painting the face as though he has just returned from a mission and taken the goggles off ?

All comments are very welcome

Nap

Attached Files:

Meehan34 and pmfs like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Scholtz - Update

Hi guys ,
    Been working on this one , sculpted of course by Rob Lane , still to put the eybrows in , I didn't go overboard on the oily face just a hint whih is more visible in the flesh !!!
    Still to do the badges , more highlighting on the inside of the coat and of course the base with the larger pilots badge on it .

It was sculpted on a picture Rob has of Scholtz who as most of the pilots was very young , speaking to Rob he seems to have a older face so perhaps I will name it "The Kaiser's Eagle" and add another part on the base dedicating it to Scholtz ...in affect making a small storyboard .

Next up is Immelman ALL thoughts and comments are very welcome as usual

Nap

Attached Files:

3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Kev. Gino Pope (spelling) did an article on a tanker with a dirty face in Mil Mod. He used Mig powders for that.
    Carl.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Carl ,
    Thanks for the comment and info , not sure if I will do much more on the face otherwise I might make him look like he has just swept a chimney !!!!
    Will look out for the article ..is it recent ?

Will post more when finished in the display case

Nap