1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lt Chard RE Rorkes Drift

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carl Edward Sambrook, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

This is just the start of my work on Lt Chard RE from the film ZULU it still needs a lot of tidying up, but a great bust to work on.

Attached Files:

Erbay, Dewi Evans, arj and 8 others like this.
  2. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    great bust, well painted and, as an ex Royal Engineer, a hero of mine. A good likeness to Stanley baker to
    baronband likes this.
  3. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Bistray, I to am an ex RE, Armoured Engineer :) 32 Armoured Engineer Regiment. The bust is of Stanley Baker from the famous film.
    Wings5797 and baronband like this.
  4. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks like plenty of us ex Sappers on here then eh? I was Amphibious.

John
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Dewi Evans Member

United-Kingdom
    It's looking very good :)
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

A good start on this interesting bust.

Cheers

Huw
  7. Davy Member

Ex RE postie here as well
  8. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    hey us Engineers are everywhere, i was 73 Ind Fld Sqn, later 23 Engineer Regt, then 39 at Waterbeach
  9. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

John I served with 28 Engr Regt from 1992.1994 (12 months with 23 Amph Sqn) Paul I was at the disbandment parade for 23 Regt. But it's a proven fact that Armoured Engineers are the poster boys for the Corps.
    baronband likes this.
  10. Davy Member

Was that the disbanding parade in the Traz in early 93? Wanted every unit of RE at it cost me a place on Snow Queen as I was one of small few in 3 PC RE who could do rifle drill with the SA80 :( as we still had the SMG as primary weapon
    Wings5797 likes this.
  11. Waterman Active Member

Good Morning Mr Stevens, it's a lovely day today.
  12. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice start on a very good likeness of Stanley Baker.
    This is the first of the MMM Rorke's Drift trio that I've seen with paint on it.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  13. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Carl i can only imagine that you proved the fact, in my day armoured farmers were the bottom of the food chain ;)
    baronband likes this.
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great start Carl,:)
  15. jai A Fixture

Italy
    not an engineer, and I have never been a military ..... I can leave my comment?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good start
    baronband likes this.
  16. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Davy, yes that was the parade it was bloody freezing. Not sure about being bottom of the food chain, but we certainly liked our pies :) washed down with beer. Brilliant time in the Corps and still have many friends who I'm still in contact with, and have been asked if I'm going to the SAPPERFEST next year.
  17. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Davy yes it was, we spent hours on the drill square in Hameln prior to the parade getting ready, which was a waste of time as we only marched passed the dias once.
  18. Davy Member

Aye was a very cold day that one. Thankfully we had no hours of rehearsals as we were a 24/7 unit. Promosed a mega piss up afterwards which turned out to be 2 free cans in the gym IIRC and all the units who attended got shunned/left to their own devices afterwards no thanks etc. We had the chance of staying an extra night and going on the pop down town but decided to get back down the road to Duss. The parade was an utter waste of time to be honest.
  19. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Well the formation parade wasn't any better :(
  20. Davy Member

THe only good thing out of it was it was the first time I got to try out the new bouncing bomb doss bag jumped in to it expecting it to be like a knackered 58 maggot with a load of quills off the feathers ripping into you.