1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lt. Bromhead

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by T-34/85, Aug 23, 2013.

1. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I was able to get some good references and help from fellow Planeteers Glenn and Richie to start this. 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG The bayonet and Zulu spears were made from evergreen strip with some small details added. the biscuit box is from Custom Dioramics with lead foil strip added. The mealie bags are apoxy sculpt. Still have to add the ground work but at least it's started. Any comments or suggestions are most welcomed.
    Don, crf and Richie like this.
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tom,
    Really like the addition of the bayonet and the other parts. Bromhead made a number of bayonet charges to repulse attacks which ultimately sealed his V.C. and I think what you have done is very fitting. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. If need anything just shout mate. That base base look very nice by the way.
    cheers
    Richie
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tom,
    I have just noticed the level is down, nice touch, could I suggest a small mod to the Martini:happy:. If you can file down the block at an angle where the cartridge goes an drill a hole in! That would be a lovely touch to the detail. Have not done this myself yet but it's in the grey matter to do when I get around to mine. Again something else on my list was to use a fine drill and under drill the right epaulette so you can see the daylight as it is raised, if this makes sense. Like the foot on the mealie bag, nice attention to detail. Only downside is the ammo box as the lid would have been removed.
    I'm getting really inspired again - thanks Tom & Glenn.
    cheers
    Richie
  4. marios1 Active Member

Very fine indeed....in which scale it is and of which firm is???

Congratulation
    Mario from Italy.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mario,
    It is 75mm available from Mitches Military Models pf's own Grod (Gordon).
    cheers
    Richie
  6. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Richie, those are excellent ideas and I will implement them both. The rifle is not primed yet so that won't be a problem and the epaulette is something I never thought of, always pays to have another or more set of eyes look something over, thanks again. Mario, thank you, the scale is 75mm and Mitches Military Models distributes it.
  7. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I might even try and cut the box open. I'll give that some thought.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tom,
    This might help if you are going to alter the ammunition box, I took this photo in the regimental museum at Brecon. Don't forget the lead foil bands you added were made of copper! You have added some nice scratch built parts to and around your figure, what about the inclusion of some spent rounds and some ammunition packets on the ground, again the other photo of the .45 round and packet were taken in the museum.
    I also got this photo of the mealie bag from a lad in South Africa who is very clued up and made some replica's from the original documentation. It might be a good painting reference for you as it clearly shows the coloured red and blue bands and the war department cipher with the arrow.
    Hope this helps you out mate or gives you some food for thought.
    cheers
    Richie
    Ammo box.JPG Ammo packet.JPG mealie bags.jpg
    Don likes this.
  9. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Excellent references Richie. I did find the mealie bag picture on a web site some time ago and that is how I plan on painting them. The pictures of the rounds and the ammo box come at the perfect time and I will definitely now have either this box or another opened. Spent rounds will also be included. I didn't have any reference for the inside of the box. Was there a foil type of cover over the ammo inside the box?
    Tom
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tom,
    Yes the box had a foil liner under the slide off lid. Here you go mate.
    cheers
    Richie
    ammo box 1.jpg
    Don likes this.
  11. Don Well-Known Member

Wonderful work Tom, he is coming along nicely and Richies added information should help you finish nicely.
    Lovely to see him with a fixed bayonet, most seem to see only that Caine fellow insead of Lt. Bromhead.
    Lovely work.

Don
  12. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank you Don. Richie that photo of the open box is perfect! If I can't find one like it in my spares, I'll scratch build it.
  13. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have spoken to Moz about this subject and he is working on a couple of ammunition boxes at the moment along with another figure.
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Funky50 and Richie like this.
  14. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Gordon, you just made my day:)
    Tom
    Richie likes this.
  15. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    015.JPG 016.JPG 014.JPG

Some progress. Still have lots to do but its nice to have him discharged from the grey army:)
    Richie and crf like this.
  16. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tom,
    Very nice progress mate, I have been waiting for an update, but can now see by your bench W.I.P. why it was a little slow coming round.;)
    cheers
    Richie
  17. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I swear sometimes I think I have ADHD. :) I wanted to finish what I started, then ended up throwing paint on whatever I had close by.
    Tom
  18. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You are not alone Tom, I have ADHD also.;)
    T-34/85 likes this.