1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Oils Lost Eagle going home

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by loosehead, May 31, 2014.

1. loosehead Active Member

Australia
    IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0328.JPG IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

Hello to All,
    This is my rendition of the Nuts Planet Aquila all painted in oils and humbrols the eagle is wrapped up in an old clock for the long trip home and try to give him that veteran look
    Hope you like him..............
    Thanks
    Chris W
    Karlosfandango, Steve, MalcC and 12 others like this.
  2. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Interesting lighting - I like the textures, especially the hood
    Steve likes this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

Very nice work
  4. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Nice work on the hood, we seem to have a run of these and every style has been quite different.

Zane
  5. loosehead Active Member

Australia
    Thanks Sippog glad you like him , In the photos he has a slight yellow tinge possible to much light sort of washed him out slightly
    Cheers Swralph he is a fun figure
    Hi Zane mate there is a bit of the run happening I think it mainly is a clean open good looking Bust it paints very easily and looks impressive
    I've tried to stay away from the solid red of the legion find unless it is brand spanking new tunic it will fade quite quick to a more rustic type colour
    what with wear and tear washing mud rain etc hopefully it matches the used cape .
    All inspired by the movies ( The Eagle , Rome , Lost Legion, Etc Etc Etc )
    Thanks Again Guys
    Chris W
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chris
    That has come together fantastic love the on campaign look, I know its a cracking artwork even though the lighting has had an effect .
    As you said I found it a beautiful figure to paint ,great job mate
    Cheers Chris
  7. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Subtle painting on the flesh and nicely weathered cloak and uniform Chris , nice work mate
    Cheers
    Al
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nice one Chris, love this one, great face with lots of detail. His coat/hood is superb
    Ben
  9. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers guys
    Really appreciate the feed back
    Regards Chris
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    like it too. Thanks for showing.
  11. loosehead Active Member

Australia
    Hi guys thanks for the great comments just tried out a filtering thing on the old computer want to see if it makes a difference
    IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG IMG_0328.JPG
    Captain Lol, MalcC, Eludia and 3 others like this.
  12. PHIL WALDEN Member

Good stuff cob., he has that pissed off look, steal my eagle, lm enjoying the complete story..
  13. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chris
    He really does have that p.....d off look,much better with the lighting adjusted fantastic art work mate .
    Cheers Chris
  14. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Great stuff Chris, he looks fantastic mate. Great face(y)
    Regards, John
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi. Chris,

Like what you have done certainly has a veteran look , nice work on the wrapped up eagle and flesh work ....it's good to see how different modellers paint this

Thanks for sharing

Nap

2nd set of pictures much better!...nice one
    loosehead likes this.
  16. loosehead Active Member

Australia
    Thanks Guys for the positive feedback yes the second set of photos look much better but did not know how to take away old ones and replace with the better ones It is amazing how many different versions of him there are............ Its great looking and comparing the different styles
    Thanks Again
    Chris W
  17. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great piece Chris - as you have said it is nice to try a figure others have done but put your twist on it

Regards Ian
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great stuff Chris

As you know I love these Roman busts. Your version definitely has that weather beaten veteran look about him. Great colour choices, great effects. Overall great work.