1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

LOSS OF A MEMBER

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Wayneb, Apr 30, 2015.

1. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Not true. Actually depending how you set your privacy account, you can keep anyone out you want. There are many different frameworks on FB depending on which kind of forum you want to set up.

Bob
    Mark S, Waterman and crf like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Facebook is the work of the devil.
    Enjoy.(y)
    Ventress, peedee, megroot and 6 others like this.
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah but which Devil
    peedee likes this.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Better the one you know Ron.;)
    peedee likes this.
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nicola:D
    Gra30 likes this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  7. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I have just come in on this thread - I will not cast aspersions or point fingers.

I have seen some of Carls stuff and as I cannot sculpt (haven't tried) - it's way better than my sculpting. However if one was to put any sort of new sculpt on here, PF, to be looked over experts will point out defects - often to avoid any sort of embarrassment. Slanging matches can occur.

I have been on a few other forums and I will say right here and now PF are probably the friendliest and we can all take a bit of leg pulling and mickey taking as well as criticism whereas some other forums cannot take such banter.

I make other models not just figures (was that a huge sharp intake of breath?) yes I am not a purist - I used two other forums that could not take criticism of companies let alone individuals. The stuff I said was in the main researched and yet some stalwarts over on Mit brodeller couldn't take my thoughts on the releases coming from a certain British manufacturer - so I got kicked off - twice (the second time for life!) - I am not the only one I hasten to add - the boys at Hannats have been kicked off as well - I think I have joined an elite club!

Those that subscribe to that other forum I have since found out tend to have a young attitude to life - tantrums, stamping their little feet etc.

I have never witnessed such attitude here - in fact if one was to get out of ones tree I am sure PeeDee would tell one to (lets be polite) go forth and multiply but in a more eloquent fashion.

I have found the PF forum most welcoming. In fact some people have eaten their words here when referring to the cock up in the first figure reviews special section of Scale Military Modeller - I won't go into details - suffice to say that all those who jumped to conclusions here were wrong and one has even apologised.

But I digress - all the other forums I have been on are as I said young in attitude - delinquent might be a good word and communist in that if your opinion differs from the majority then you are not welcome. Just check out Scyperhale and Mitbrodeller and even some aspects of the Hubclouse. I tend now to just dip in and observe a few notions or points. But PF is different the attitude is "lets all enjoy this hobby" - I have not seen anything negative - I may need to look deeper but all I have ever seen is constructive.
    Gellso, garyhiggins, Wayneb and 4 others like this.
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

Adrian

Not only friendly and helpful (actually a wealth of expertise) but there's often some great banter here and it's truly international in its membership. Even some Welsh are here !!

Such a shame that someone great artists have chosen to leave the forum.

Cheers

Huw
    garyhiggins and ChaosCossack like this.
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Was he Welsh? :D... But I agree all forums will have there fair share of 'Grumblers', however this site does seem to be the most friendliest.;)

Mark
    garyhiggins likes this.
  10. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

A Welshman?! Well throw me a chunk of resin!

Whatever next? They'll let anyone on here! Mind you we have to thank the Welsh for Rorkes Drift - some fine fine models and figures to be made.

But if the Welsh are allowed on here then there will be a fair share from the colonies - those chappies that went across the pond and set up camp with Sitting Bull and the like. Of course we can't ignore the Antibodeans and all those descendents of the outcasts we sent that way...

My my I never heard anything like it in all me life!!! (A film quote)

Seriously

Yes a lot of expertise but I have to say this is the friendliest forum I visit and that makes for great figure modelling.
  11. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    You islanders used to be our colony? :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  12. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Tish tish my dear fellow no 'twas the other way around - indeed we allowed you the use of our language which you completely naused up!
    Tubby-Nuts2 and garyhiggins like this.
  13. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Actually, you did invade us a couple of times, but all that came to an end in 1066 (and all that!):woot:
    Huw63 likes this.
  14. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I will have you all know and understand that Britain is Gods country and we prevail...Empire and all that (!) hee hee
    garyhiggins likes this.
  15. Huw63 A Fixture

Moreover Janne you didn't have an impact on Wales at all. Serves your right for being unable to play rugby.

Cheers

Huw
    garyhiggins likes this.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

Is your real name David? David Cameron?
    garyhiggins likes this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Ooooooh boys you are naughty fellows .....

No Tea and straight up those wooden stairs for you all

Nap
    garyhiggins and Huw63 like this.
  18. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I thought David was a Welsh name?
    garyhiggins and Huw63 like this.
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

No that's Dewi!
    garyhiggins likes this.
  20. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    So Long as its a 'Stannah', stair ! I will be more than happy! ... ;)

Mrk
    napoleonpeart, garyhiggins and Huw63 like this.