1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lord Cardigan finally finished.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for all your support and your patience, with your encouragement I finally finished Lord Cardigan.
    When completely dry, I will give it extreme highlights and shadows and touch ups where ever necessary.
    Your comments and critique are welcome

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers

Roc.
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Roc-

Is it the photo?
    The blue stripe on the left pant leg looks incomplete from the knee up to where his fist is on his hip? The molded stripe does not look like it is completely filled in? :eek:

Looks great. The gold on the tunic is really nice. I like the simple composition. Standing on a bare base is very effective.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Keith thanks for pointing that out, it's not the photo, I was in such a hurry to finish the figure that I forgot to finish painting the stripe on the pants. :eek:
    As soon as I finish painting the stripe I'll post some final pictures

Cheers

Roc. :)
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ehehehehe i just saw that as well Roc.. Also one of the legs of the chair is not attached on the base. It stands on the air.. Maybe it's the photo.. but i can see the shadow of the leg on the base. Other than that you did a really awesome work my friend :)
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Rocco,

Finally :lol: you finished Mr Cardigan. I like it. You may have some small spots to redo as mentioned before. But thats a piece of cake for you.
    You did a great job on the blue and red. Not the easiest colours. I for myself are now strugling also with blue and red.
    This Lord is an example how to paint to blue and red.

Great Work as usual.

Marc
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Exenefon, thanks for the kind words and for pointing that out.
    As the old saying goes "haste makes waste" never rush a figure, always take your time.

Cheers

7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Marc, I appreciate the kind words.
    It's hard to explain, but every time I worked on the figure things always got in the way, at one point my cat landed on my work bench and broke the figure, :(
    Now every time she sees me she hides under the couch. :lol:
    I swear this kit is cursed

Cheers

8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks super Roc.........even if it is cursed :lol: You should try a little squirt gun training with the cat. Mine don't come near my desk as long as the squirt gun is in sight. :lol:

Whats next my friend?
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey thanks, I'll have to give the squirt gun a try on that mischievous but still cute little cat.
    I was joking with my wife, I told her next time the cat does that, out the door she goes :) :) , she assured me that it won't be the cat but me going out the door, if I harm her precious baby in any way. :eek:

Cheers

Roc.
  10. Pete_H New Member

Yo Roc! Good job on the gold lacing (y) Speaking of blue stripes, it looks as if on the outer side of the right leg's shin some blue ran onto the red trouser leg. Also, I'm curious as to your fleshtone mixes.
  11. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Roc,

Great work. I too like the simplicity of placing the figure with a chair on the plain, nicely finished base.

I have one minor comment/question. It could be the photos, but it looks like he is leaning to forward and to his right. While his right arm is on the chair, it seems to be in a relaxed position, while most of his body weight would be going there. This is as simple as pushing him 1/2" to his left. DOes that make sense?

Painting is great though.

Lou
  12. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Very nice work Rocco! Lord Cardigan, eh...... shouldn't he be wearing a sweater? :lol: (sorry, I couldn't help myself)
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Pete, I'm in the process of making some adjustments to the figure,
    the stripe is definitely an issue for me,I just simply forgot to paint.

This is my flesh mix for our Lord Cardigan:

Undercoat with acrylic liquitex flesh paint to wich I added a bit of brown.
    1 Base= white+Raw Sienna+ A little Indian red and a tiny amount of Windsor blue
    to cool down the mix.
    2 Medium shadow = base mix + mars brown and a touch of burnt umber.
    3 Deep shadows = Brown Madder Alizarin + Burnt Umber.
    4 Extreme shadows = Sepia.
    5 medium highlights = base + Naples yellow and white.
    6 high highlights = white + Naples yellow.
    7 extreme highlights = high highlights + more white.

Cheers

Roc.
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Lou, thanks for pointing that out, I appreciate it.
    As you know, I'm in the process of making some adjustments.
    The beauty of this forum is having friends like you, who are willing to point things out so they may be corrected in time.
    Keep up the good work

Cheers
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Brent , I got a few of those sweaters too, I hate the darn things. :lol: :lol:
    Thanks for the kind words,I appreciate it.

Cheers
  16. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    fantastic work roc, thats reds and blues are amazing but the blue tones got something really great, I don't know what but that blue call me the atention......
    great job ;)

ER
  17. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ernesto, thank you my friend, I appreciate your kind words and encouragement.

Ciao

Roc.
  18. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    AAAArrrggg!!!! Rocco, man, I missed the grand finale :lol:

Well, it's finally dry and boy, it was worth the wait. Great figure, Rocco, my congratulations. A little late, perhaps, but better late than never, as they say. ;) (My congratulations, I mean hehehe)

Francis
  19. Pete_H New Member

Roc,
    Thanks for the mixes. I'll try them out on my next project.
  20. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Francis, thank you my friend, I appreciate the kind words and the encouragement. ;)

I'm getting ready for my next project " Duke of Orleans".

Cheers

Roc :)