1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Looking for some refrence titles...

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by Mike McGregor, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Mike McGregor Member

I'm not having much luck finding the following titles here in London (Ontario), or Toronto for that matter (where I've tired Kieth's the Sentry and that huge bookstore off Young St. downtown...)

Here's the list of what im looking for:

OSPREY-
    -Essential Histories
    6-The Seven Years War
    33-Byzantium at War
    37-Spanish Civil War
    44-The French & Indian War
    63-Collapse of Yugoslavia

Warriors
    21- Highland clansmen
    38-Fallschirmjäger
    88- British Light Infantry of the 7 Years War

MMA
    48- Wolf's Army
    226- The American War
    345- US Army 1812-15

I'm also looking for refrences on the French in North America, Armor in Yugoslavia during the Civil war, and the war of 1812...

Mike.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike,

I would start your search by looking at the following sites.

amazon.com
    abebooks.com
    half.com
    alibris.com

I'm sure you may find at least some of what you're loking for.~Gary
  3. poetwarrior Member

Mike,

Another good source for books is Barnes&Noble.com where you can do a search of "used" or "out of print books". I have found books there that I thought I'd never see. A good source for War of 1812, which I found on B&N "out of print", would be Uniforms and Equipment of the United States Forces in the War of 1812, by Rene Chartrand, published by Old Fort Niagara. It's a great book, it's softbound and loaded with a lot of b&w photos of original uniforms and equipment. The book is currently out of print and if you find it, it goes for about $80+. If you or anyone you may know is connected to a college or university, you could always use the interlibrary loan system and save a lot of money. Also, I believe Osprey may have a website and give eBay a try. I've purchased a number of books off eBay with great satisfaction.

Good luck!

Dave
  4. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Mike:

Try Vanwell Publishing in St. Catherines. I believe that they are still the main supplier/distributor in eastern Canada. They usually have two 'open to the public' days, one in late November and then again in May. Huge military selection at 40% off. Lots of great deals to be found. I have picked up Osprey for $5 if they are slightly damaged, same for Brassey and Europa Militaire titles (y)

Worth a try

sales@vanwell.com