1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Looking for large scale napoleonic artillery

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Luis R., Mar 26, 2011.

1. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    I would like to build a large scale, in the 1/5th - 1/10th range, model of a napoleonic field gun in kit form, but don't even know if such a thing does exist in the market. Some wood ship models manufacturers do produce large scale naval guns, but I have not seen any field gun. Do you know if there is such a thing out there?
    Thanks
  2. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Think Verlinden had some sort of napolionic artillery piece a few years back, may be worth checking them out. Hope that helps.

Barrie.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    None comes to mind in kit form, you may stumble across a collectable or dare a I say "gift shop" representation. The Verlinden kit , if memory serves, is 1/16th scale.

Here is a link that may help, kind of pricey:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_106_665&products_id=1655

[IMG]

"This cannon kits consist of a bronze barrel, aluminum carriage, wheels, axle and cheekplates and come with the necessary screws to assemble. These 1/8th scale cannon kits are exact in detail to the full scale models. If you will paint them an olive drab color as were the originals, they will make very nice show pieces and salute cannons. The barrel has been bored to 1/2" size but has not been vented or polished. You need to vent this by using a 3/32 drill. Overall length is approximately 16", wheel diameter 7", and bronze barrel 8 1/4" with 1/2" bore."

MSRP: $129.95 USD
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I have only one in 54mm.
    Can't help you any further.

Marc
  5. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Thank you all.
    The one Gordy posted is the one that falls nearer what I was looking for: turned brass barrel, etc. though that ones seems to have been designed to be shot!
  6. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada