1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Looking For A New Soldiers Figure

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Jim Patrick, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I thought I saw a new Airborne figure by Soldiers on line. Only a primed figure but awesome looking none the less. Does anyone remember seeing this? If so (even if it's not by Soldiers) can you give me the link. Also, does anyone have any info. on this figures release date? Thanks, Jim

By the way, I just recently made it back on line after being introduced to the wonderful world of reformatting your hard drive. GREAT (!!!!!!!) fun and I highly recomend this to everyone. All of you should try it. Please, no weapons handy as I don't want to be responsible for what you do to yourself or your computer!
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I thought I saw a new Airborne figure by Soldiers on line. Only a primed figure but awesome looking none the less. Does anyone remember seeing this? If so (even if it's not by Soldiers) can you give me the link. Also, does anyone have any info. on this figures release date? Thanks, Jim

By the way, I just recently made it back on line after being introduced to the wonderful world of reformatting your hard drive. GREAT (!!!!!!!) fun and I highly recomend this to everyone. All of you should try it. Please, no weapons handy as I don't want to be responsible for what you do to yourself or your computer!
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
  5. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Is this the figure?

[IMG]
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Is this the figure?

[IMG]
  7. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Incidentally, I found that on the Michigan Toy Soldier web site and they also have these really cool Samurai's.

They are toys but check this figure out:

[IMG]
  8. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Incidentally, I found that on the Michigan Toy Soldier web site and they also have these really cool Samurai's.

They are toys but check this figure out:

[IMG]
  9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    It's a beautiful looking figure that's for sure, the stance and attitude are superb, better than the Micheal Roberts figure which some say it's modelled on.
    Would love one of these myself.
  10. LCoote New Member

Australia
    It's a beautiful looking figure that's for sure, the stance and attitude are superb, better than the Micheal Roberts figure which some say it's modelled on.
    Would love one of these myself.
  11. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I think it's apples and oranges. The MR ltd. figure is a 54mm and this one is a 90mm. I haven't seen one in the round, but I think it would doing something to be better than the MR ltd figure. That particular figure is the best detailed 54 I've ever painted. They're both based on a photo in "Military Classics Illustrated", with small details changed. There was a time I would have bought it anyway just because of the subject. I love that M42 jumpsuit.
  12. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I think it's apples and oranges. The MR ltd. figure is a 54mm and this one is a 90mm. I haven't seen one in the round, but I think it would doing something to be better than the MR ltd figure. That particular figure is the best detailed 54 I've ever painted. They're both based on a photo in "Military Classics Illustrated", with small details changed. There was a time I would have bought it anyway just because of the subject. I love that M42 jumpsuit.
  13. LCoote New Member

Australia
    John, I've not seen the picture that the figures were based on, I just think this figure has more character than the MR piece because of it's stance and position of the head, I've always thought the MR figure looks dead and for that reason have never bought it despite it's detail.
  14. LCoote New Member

Australia
    John, I've not seen the picture that the figures were based on, I just think this figure has more character than the MR piece because of it's stance and position of the head, I've always thought the MR figure looks dead and for that reason have never bought it despite it's detail.
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I know some guys have swapped out the head on that guy. I would like to see the Soldiers figure painted up.
  16. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I know some guys have swapped out the head on that guy. I would like to see the Soldiers figure painted up.
  17. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Is the Micheal Roberts figure metal or resin, if its resin it wouldn't be difficult to add a little more life to it.
  18. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Is the Micheal Roberts figure metal or resin, if its resin it wouldn't be difficult to add a little more life to it.
  19. LCoote New Member

Australia
    What a great looking figure, it's 1/16 scale I suppose
  20. LCoote New Member

Australia
    What a great looking figure, it's 1/16 scale I suppose