1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed "longing For Youth" Andrea 54mm

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Bobby, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Bobby Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi again,

I though I would post up some pictures of my last model. I´m actually happier this one than the WIP Zapatista model I posted in my last thread. The main things I wasn´t happy with in this one waere the grainy texture in the face (it actually doesn´t look as bad to the naked eye as it does in the photos) and I maybe didn´t put as much effort into the wood bench or the trousers as I should have.

Just a note on the cast itself it was an absolute nightmare to put together! The bench is freestanding and it was as though the legs were just random lengths and had to all be cut to various sizes so that the figure itself could sit in place. The right trouser leg is supposed to sit on the floor but that was just impossible. I´ve read here about Andreas models not fitting well but this one was just ridiculous!

Also the model slipped back on the base further back than I wanted when mounting. Got in a bit of a mess with excess super glue and it ended up sticking there!

Let me know what you think. Cheers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87900810@N03/sets/72157631681548956/
  2. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice work Bobby, you did a great job painting those tiny cards and dice.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Some lovely details there Bobby.
    Carl.(y)
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I echo Carl's comments you detail is very good.
    Nice work.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  5. Einion Well-Known Member

+1

This looks really good for anyone who thinks of themselves as a beginner Bobby. Just need to work on smoother paint (more dilution, more coats) and you're well on your way.

Einion
  6. Bobby Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys much appreciated. Einion, I´m putting your advice into practice re more dilution and more coats and it´s making a difference already!
  7. Bobby Member

United-Kingdom
    Oh and I´m not a complete beginner. I painted a few GW miniatures when I was younger. This one is my second attempt after coming back to the hobby. Still an absolute novice in comparison to most of the stuff I´ve seen on this site!