1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Long way to Jerusalem, 1097

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DrLutz, Aug 3, 2004.

1. DrLutz Member

Israel
    An almost completed figurine of southern-France crusader on his way in steppes of Asia Minor? srarving of heat and thirsty. It's summer 1097. It's still very long way to Jerusalem...
    Ya! It sounds as a good name for this work: "A long way to Jerusalem"

[IMG]

Your critique sincerely welcome.

DrLutz

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great Figure..............hope to see more as you progress
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Vlad -

Very well done. It's nice to see some different poses on figures other than the heroic ones we most often see. I look forward to seeing this painted up.

If you consider offering this figure to the public, pls PM or email me. I am interested.

Thanks!

Keith
  4. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Vlad,an EXCELLENT JOB on the figure and horse (y) (y) (y) !!! You're right,I can really imagine in my mind's eye the suffering the soldier is going through just by looking at the model.Well Done !
    Kenneth.
  5. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    I like your rider and horse, like specially the expression you put into works.
    hope to see painting this model.
    Regards, Alex.
  6. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    What scale is Dr?
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Vlad , well done .I particularly like the narrative about the whole piece. how us some pics when it's painted

Stephen Mallia
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I agree with the rest of the guys! The attitude of this figure/.horse combination is superb. Keep it up!
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Why isn't there a figure like this available commercialy? I like the subject, LOVE the attitude and would pay quit some cash just to be able to pay this. Please cast it and sell it. It's perfect.

Greetz,

Gino
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Gino-

I agree completely.

Now if this could be converted to a 1/35 SS German in pea pattern it would be released very quickly!

Keith
  11. amherbert Member

Super looking figure!

What scale is it?

Like the others have mentioned, I would love to see this as a kit!

Cheers
    Andy
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Read the title :lol: its 54mm
  13. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Super nice pose and figure /combination. I hope that will be avaiable commercially

Costas
  14. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Thanks guys for your kindly words. As to me I start to beleive that this wok is the best of mine for now. I'll try to go forward and to do something better. As a sculptor i think that is the right way - to show attitude and to make a miniature expressive and emotional and only then to concentrate on uniform and details.

Andy, Alex

The scale is 54 mm according to standart measurement. So the length of mounted figure is 81-82 mm.

To everyone who want to see it painted:
    Guys, I'm a sculptor only. I knew nothing about how to mix colours. And I feel a great sorrow and shame about it. Of course I will try, but don't expect it too soon.

Gino, Costas, Keith - everyone who who want to see it as an commercial release item:
    to release this item by myself - is a very big problem now. Usually I make one or two castings of my works by drop-casting for myself. But quality of such castings is far from to be good in comparison to spin-casting. And I knew nobody here in Israel who deals with spin-casting.
    At the same time I'll be glad if somebody could release this model. If anyone have any ideas about it - welcome to discuss it here or in PM.

Thanks again to everyone

Vlad AKA DrLutz
  15. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Dr Lutz,

I have to echo all the comments. I really like the weary look to both rider and horse. I too would love to see this one painted. If you yourself do not paint I am sure you could list it on Kibay and there may be several PF members who may love to pick it up and paint it. ;)

Joe