1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Long time lurker, first time poster and a quick into

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Kimmo, May 31, 2018.

1. Kimmo A Fixture

As the title suggests, I've been popping in and out for inspiration and info as I progress with the figure side of this wonderfully maddening hobby of ours. I've been modelling since the late 70s with an extended break a while back. Getting back into the swing of things I switched over to acrylics and have gone the hairy stick route as I don't have a permanent modelling space to make use of an airbrush so it's been an interesting journey in re-learning how to paint. I've been progressing with figures as of late to the point where I'm very comfortable with the process and reasonably happy with the results (the same can't be said of my camera) and now need to start concentrating on taking things to the next level. Here's a few examples of what I've been up to figure wise over the last couple of years, some of these projects can be found on Track-Link if you're interested in seeing how they came about.

b_10188_2.jpg

b_10272_5.jpg

b_10656_8.jpg

b_10940_1.jpg

b_10987_1.jpg

I was also fortunate enough to be included in the penultimate issue of MilMod, the Kursk special.

26991853_10155807981386138_7503829121961753334_n.jpg

With the sad demise of MilMod, I've been looking for a place to do some of the figure/bust projects I have planned for the near future and thought this would be a good place to hang my hat. I look forward to meeting the members and hope to get cracking with a project just as soon as the mailman brings me a couple of goodies.

Kimmo
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

A BIG WELCOME to PF ....a hook for your hat is there

Look forward to your posts

Anything I can help with please ask

Nap
  3. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap! Don't suppose you could put in a good word with the lotto gods?

Kimmo
    Nap likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    No worries ...but there is a long line of hopefuls ! ....me included ...LOL

Nap
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
  7. Kimmo A Fixture

Thanks for the welcome(s), I'm hoping to get a a blog going in the next couple of days and we'll see what sort of shenanigans I get up to.

Kimmo