1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Long Island Figure show

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by aknific, Oct 3, 2004.

1. aknific Member

Hi guys,

I've been looking around all the usual places (inlcuding a search of old messages here) trying to find out this years date for the Long Island figure show, with no luck. I haven't gotten the flyer yet either. :eek:

Typically its been held on the Saturday before Thanksgiving - this year that would fall on November 20.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
    Anthony
  2. milminwh Member

3. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    Here is a note from Greg DiFranco I received (Parts of message removed):SHOW UPDATE 10/8/2004
    Hi Folks,
    Its time for an update on our up and coming show. just a reminder that the Long Island show will be held Saturday November 20th. Doors open for Vendor set-up and for club member and Out of Town guests on Friday afternoon. This is a great opportunity for club members to help set up the show, and then to get first crack at the vendor tables before the big crowds roll in on Saturday.

Dinner – this year we may change from Ben’s Kosher Deli to a caterer we select for an Italian night. Although we do not have firm prices and menus yet, this should provide a great culinary experience as usual. You can pre-register for the dinner at the next meeting with Val or myself. Tickets will be $20 per person (as usual this is lower than the actual cost of the dinner, and we are subsidizing the dinner as a way of thanking club members and participants).

Figure Raffle/Auction
    We currently have 2 great figures slated for the auction - Luca Cullati's 54mm WWI RAF Ace (LaTorre kit) and Claude Moreau's 54mm 9th Hussar. Here is a picture of Claude's excellent piece.

Details from Claude - The manufacturer is Pegaso, scale is 54mm, painting medium is oils over acrylics. The piece presents the 9th Hussars in its last field uniform. Following the order passed at the beginning of 1813, this uniform had the characteristic cylindrical "Shako Rouleau".

Accommodations
    The Freeport Boatel is once again providing LI show attendees with a special rate of $80 per night. The boatel always gets good reviews, and is located about 1 mile from the Rec Center. There is constant travel going back and forth, so coordinating a ride to the Rec center is never a problem. There is also a great pizzeria across the street that many guests go to on Friday evening.

. Freeport Motor Inn & Boatel
    from $80.00-$110.00 /night -
    Freeport Motor Inn & Boatel
    445 S Main St
    Freeport, NY 11520
    Phone: 516-623-9100
    http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-375630-fre...or_inn_boatel-i

Attractions:
    Please be sure to visit the Cradle museum, it is a real treat, with many wonderful military, historical and aviation exhibits. There is also am amazing IMAX theatre. Its only a 10 minute drive from Freeport, many guests check it out Friday prior to visiting the Rec center.

http://www.cradleofaviation.org/
    Bye for now, look forward to seeing you all soon.

Greg
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the information Greg. This is a great show to attend for anyone close enough to be there. I attended the Long Island Show for many years while living back east and always found it very enjoyable with exhibits of the highest quality. A "Must" for figure painters.